Tel: (401) 331-9696
Lincoln School Photo #2 - Our athletic facilities at Faxon Farm, located 15 minutes away in Rehoboth, MA, feature the only turf field dedicated to women's sports in southeastern New England.
Lincoln School is an independent college preparatory school founded on Quaker principles in 1884.
As the only all-girls Quaker school in the nation, Lincoln empowers its students to become bold leaders and to strive for greatness.
At the same time, Lincoln`s educational philosophy and practices incorporate the Quaker values of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, equality, service, and stewardship of the earth into the lives of its students and faculty on a daily basis.
This unique intersection allows our students to excel not only academically and extracurricularly, but also fosters confident, resilient, and globally-minded leaders in relevant issues affecting the world at large.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||386 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $20,500 to $38,700, depending on the grade.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sue Farnum|
|Admissions Associate||Melanie Neves|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, TennisBasketball, Crew,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Over 25 different clubs, with more added all the time
Arts and Music Programs:
Choral Music and Instrumental Music
- As a leader in all-girls education since 1884, Lincoln School is an independent college preparatory school for girls in kindergarten through grade 12, with a co-ed early childhood program for infancy through pre-kindergarten.
- Lincoln's rigorous curriculum educates and prepares students to be leaders and ready to face the challenges and opportunities in an ever-changing world. Passionate, dedicated faculty both challenge and support every student.
- As an all-girls school, Lincoln has the luxury of focusing solely on the needs of girls, both academic and social-emotional well being.
- Our alumnae often say "Lincoln is where I found my voice and learned how to use it."
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Providence Grades: NS-12 | 753 students
250 Lloyd Ave
Providence, RI 02906
(401) 831-7350 0.8 NS-12
- Barrington Grades: 6-12 | 228 students
63 Federal Rd
Barrington, RI 02806
(401) 246-1230 6.7 6-12
- Providence Grades: NS-8
75 John Street
Providence, RI 02906
(401) 274-3325 1 NS-8
- Providence Grades: 5-8 | 62 students
582 Elmwood Avenue
Providence, RI 02907
(401) 784-0021 3.3 5-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.