Moses Brown School
For over 200 years, Moses Brown has taught children to make the most of their individual talents for the good of others. With an unwavering focus on values, MB provides students with an environment that nourishes their intellectual, physical, and spiritual growth.
- Top Ranked RI School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 753 students
- Acceptance rate: 32%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Feb. 1 / rolling
Need based financial aid available
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Anime Club, Art Club, Community Service Board, Cooking Club, Debate Team, Discipline Committee, Environmental Club, Folk Music Club, French Club, Freshman Leadership Committee, Frisbee Club, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Gay Lesbian Straight Bisexual Alliance, Improv Comedy Club, Independent Film Club, Irish Club, Math Team, Mock Trial, Moses Brown Athletic Association, Peer Support, Poetry Club, Publication - "The Mosaic", Publication - "The Omnia", Publication - "The Quaker", Resolving Issues of Students of Ethnicity (RISE), Robotics Club, Spanish Club, Student Peace Action Movement, Student Senate, Team Spirit "Blue Crew", Tennis Club, Versatones - A capella, Young Republicans Club
- Moses Brown School was founded in 1784 by a Quaker entrepreneur who partnered with Samuel Slater to launch the American Industrial Revolution in Pawtucket, R.I. Located on 33 acres in urban Providence, the school enrolls 750 students ages 3-18 and sends 100% of its graduates to some of the nation`s most selective colleges and universities.
- In the two centuries since, Moses Brown has been a place that nurtures the unique talents and attributes of children, urges them on toward new levels of self-discovery and achievement, and always insists on a rigorous commitment to integrity.
- MB's academic program is a multi- disciplinary liberal arts curriculum that integrates broad-based understanding with strong analytical and communication skills. Every discipline requires students to read with insight, speak persuasively, and write clearly. Socratic and inquiry-based teaching nurtures initiative, self-confidence, and openness to new perspectives.
- MB's athletic programs yield teams that are successful on and off the field, and our student-athletes regularly go on to compete at the college level in all divisions. Actors, musicians, and fine artists attend some of the most prestigious arts colleges, and student and alumni writers are frequently published.
- Moses Brown alumni excel in a broad range of human endeavors-Emmy- winning producers, leading technology entrepreneurs, doctors called in to deal with terrible pandemics, and social activists who dedicate themselves to lives of service.
Endorse Moses Brown School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Ways To Protect Your Child From Bullying
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
Questions! Questions! Questions!
If you are beginning to think about sending your child to private school, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are some answers to your more common questions.
May 25, 2022Marketing Your School: Welcoming New Students
Why is welcoming students so important? Because it makes new students and their families feel that they are part of the school community from Day 1. More about this valuable marketing tool here.