Moses Brown School
- For over 200 years, Moses Brown has taught children to make the most of their individual talents for the good of others. With an unwavering focus on values, MB provides students with an environment that nourishes their intellectual, physical, and spiritual growth.
Moses Brown School places among the top 20% of private schools in Rhode Island for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
Institute for Independent Education
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||753 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$37,865|
|Tuition Notes||Need based financial aid available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$20,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Hugh Madden|
|Admissions Associate||Bobbi Krein|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Diving, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||35 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Anime Club, Art Club, Community Service Board, Cooking Club, Debate Team, Discipline Committee, Environmental Club, Folk Music Club, French Club, Freshman Leadership Committee, Frisbee Club, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Gay Lesbian Straight Bisexual Alliance, Improv Comedy Club, Independent Film Club, Irish Club, Italian Club, Math Team, Mock Trial, Moses Brown Athletic Association, Peer Support, Poetry Club, Publication - "The Mosaic", Publication - "The Omnia", Publication - "The Quaker", Resolving Issues of Students of Ethnicity (RISE), Robotics Club, Spanish Club, Student Peace Action Movement, Student Senate, Students Against Drinking Driving/Dangerous Decisions (SADD), Team Spirit "Blue Crew", Tennis Club, Versatones - A capella, Young Republicans Club|
- Moses Brown School was founded in 1784 by a Quaker entrepreneur who partnered with Samuel Slater to launch the American Industrial Revolution in Pawtucket, R.I. Located on 33 acres in urban Providence, the school enrolls 750 students ages 3-18 and sends 100% of its graduates to some of the nation`s most selective colleges and universities.
- In the two centuries since, Moses Brown has been a place that nurtures the unique talents and attributes of children, urges them on toward new levels of self-discovery and achievement, and always insists on a rigorous commitment to integrity.
- MB's academic program is a multi- disciplinary liberal arts curriculum that integrates broad-based understanding with strong analytical and communication skills. Every discipline requires students to read with insight, speak persuasively, and write clearly. Socratic and inquiry-based teaching nurtures initiative, self-confidence, and openness to new perspectives.
- MB's athletic programs yield teams that are successful on and off the field, and our student-athletes regularly go on to compete at the college level in all divisions. Actors, musicians, and fine artists attend some of the most prestigious arts colleges, and student and alumni writers are frequently published.
- Moses Brown alumni excel in a broad range of human endeavors-Emmy- winning producers, leading technology entrepreneurs, doctors called in to deal with terrible pandemics, and social activists who dedicate themselves to lives of service.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Providence Grades: NS-12 | 362 students
301 Butler Ave
Providence, RI 02906
(401)331-9696 0.8 NS-12
- Providence Grades: NS-12 | 795 students
216 Hope St
Providence, RI 02906
(401)421-8100 0.2 NS-12
- Providence Grades: 6-12 | 1541 students
612 Academy Ave
Providence, RI 02908
(401)351-7750 2.5 6-12
- Providence Grades: 5-8 | 64 students
525 Branch Ave
Providence, RI 02904
(401)467-9777 1.8 5-8
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.