Tel: (401) 421-8100
- Founded in 1889, The Wheeler School is an independent day school for girls and boys from Nursery through Grade Twelve.
- Although preparation for college is a primary goal of the Upper School, our program in all divisions is intended to be both academically rigorous and developmentally appropriate.
- Our goal is to build relationships based on appreciation and trust.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-Based Learning Differences|
|Total Students||740 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||84 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Anna Curtis|
- Founded in 1889, The Wheeler School is an independent day school for girls and boys from Nursery through Grade Twelve. Although preparation for college is a primary goal of the Upper School, our program in all divisions is intended to be both academically rigorous and developmentally appropriate. Our goal is to build relationships based on appreciation and trust.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Providence Grades: NS-12 | 753 students
250 Lloyd Ave
Providence, RI 02906
(401) 831-7350 0.2 NS-12
- Providence Grades: PK-12 | 390 students
301 Butler Ave
Providence, RI 02906
(401) 331-9696 0.8 PK-12
- North Providence Grades: PK-8 | 145 students
15 Edendale Avenue
North Providence, RI 02911
(401) 351-0403 3.6 PK-8
- Providence Grades: 5-8 | 64 students
525 Branch Ave
Providence, RI 02904
(401) 467-9777 2 5-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.