- Founded in 1889, The Wheeler School is an independent day school for girls and boys from Nursery through Grade Twelve.
- Although preparation for college is a primary goal of the Upper School, our program in all divisions is intended to be both academically rigorous and developmentally appropriate.
- Our goal is to build relationships based on appreciation and trust.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-Based Learning Differences|
|Total Students||795 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||84 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Anna Curtis|
- Founded in 1889, The Wheeler School is an independent day school for girls and boys from Nursery through Grade Twelve. Although preparation for college is a primary goal of the Upper School, our program in all divisions is intended to be both academically rigorous and developmentally appropriate. Our goal is to build relationships based on appreciation and trust.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Providence Grades: NS-12 | 753 students
250 Lloyd Ave
Providence, RI 02906
(401)831-7350 0.2 NS-12
- Providence Grades: NS-12 | 362 students
301 Butler Ave
Providence, RI 02906
(401)331-9696 0.8 NS-12
- North Providence Grades: PK-8 | 145 students
15 Edendale Avenue
North Providence, RI 02911
(401)351-0403 3.6 PK-8
- Providence Grades: 5-8 | 64 students
525 Branch Ave
Providence, RI 02904
(401)467-9777 2 5-8
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.