- Top Ranked RI School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Enrollment: 752 students
- Yearly Tuition: $41,830
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Academic Decathlon, Advocacy and Activism Club, Best Buddies Program, Biomedical Club, Book Club, Chess Team, Chinese Culture and Language Club, Classical Music Club, Club for a Cure, Community Standards Board, Cosmos Club, Debate Team, Economics Club, Empowerment Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Environmental Action Club, Envirothon Team, Film Club, French Club, Gotta Have Sole (Community Service), Great Outdoors Club, Gyre (Yearbook), JSU (Jewish Student Union), Latin Club, Math Assistants, Math Team, Mental Health Awareness Club, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Peer Support, Photography Club, Poets and Writers Club, Programming Team, Queer Straight Alliance (QSA), Robotics Teams—FTC and FRC, Save the Bay Club, Science Mentor, Science Olympiad Team, SICA (Students Involved in Cultural Awareness), Social Committee, Spoke (Student Newspaper), Student Ambassadors, Writing Mentor
Arts and Music Programs:
A Capella Group
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Snow Sports Club/Ski Trip, Table Tennis Club
- Founded in 1889 by visionary artist and educator Mary C. Wheeler, The Wheeler School is a nursery-grade 12 independent day school located on two campuses: in the College Hill neighborhood of Providence, RI and a 120-acre farm in Seekonk, MA. Approximately 800 students come to Wheeler from throughout the Greater Providence and Greater Boston areas. The school's mission, "to learn our powers and be answerable for their use," is incorporated into classrooms, athletic fields, art studios, and STEAM labs, as students are encouraged to think deeply and explore the world. Across Wheeler`s campuses and grades, dedicated faculty and staff identify students` specific learning paths and passions, challenging and supporting them in pursuit of academic excellence, artistic expression, and personal growth. Through this relationship-based approach, Wheeler graduates are prepared for college and life as creative, ethical, and engaged global citizens. Wheeler is also home to The Hamilton School, where skilled faculty meet students` learning differences with the individualized instruction that leads to success.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Wheeler School cost?
Wheeler School's tuition is approximately $41,830 for private students.
What schools are Wheeler School often compared to?
Wheeler Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Moses Brown School by visitors of our site.
What sports does Wheeler School offer?
Wheeler School offers 16 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Winter Track. Wheeler School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Rhode Island for most sports offered.
What is Wheeler School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Wheeler School?
The application deadline for Wheeler School is Feb. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Wheeler School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards