Barrington Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Barrington Christian Academy has been recognized as one of the top 50 Christian high schools in the United States! Our vision is to equip students to lead by serving in every arena of society with passion, skill, integrity and faith.
- Our enrollment is 205 students in grades K-12. We are governed by an independent school board of twelve members representing several area churches.
- BCA has earned a reputation for providing an excellent academic program. Our faculty is dedicated to helping all of our students achieve to the best of their ability.
- Our academic program is challenging and exciting. We are known for a very strong program in the arts. Students are actively involved in the learning process.
- Every area of the curriculum is taught from a Christian worldview, and God's truth is the foundation for everything that we teach.
- With class size limited to twenty students and most classes no more than 16, each student receives the personal attention and care that is vital to a successful learning environment.
- The BCA community is one of the great strengths of our school.
- Parents are very involved in every facet of the school, from the board of trustees to the classroom.
- BCA views the education of students as a partnership between parents and the school, so we encourage parents to become involved in the children's education by being informed, supportive, available and involved in the life of our school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Discovery Program for Learning Differences|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, English Literature, Spanish,|
|Average SAT score||1090|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki/ blue/gray/black pants or skirts collared shirt (K-8))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,830|
|Tuition Notes||Different rates for K-5, 6-8, and 9-12 Can be paid over 12 months.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Miss Ramona Brown|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel McGuire|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choral Groups, Theater, Worship Team, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Dance Club, Gardening Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- A BEST value in independent education! Excellence in education! Biblical worldview!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BarringtonGrades: PK-8 | 209 students
10 Waldron Avenue
Barrington, RI 02806
- North KingstownGrades: K-9 | 182 students
475 School St
North Kingstown, RI 02852
- East GreenwichGrades: NS-12 | 295 students
530 Ives Road
East Greenwich, RI 02818
- WarwickGrades: 3-11 | 26 students
75 Prospect St
Warwick, RI 02886
- PortsmouthGrades: K-12 | 57 students
321 E Main Rd
Portsmouth, RI 02871
For the first time in our 9 years of schooling, I feel like my children are being supported in their faith, in their academics, and in their personal development. After leaving the public school, I have noticed some big improvements in their attitude towards school. As a mom, it delights me to see that they are excited to try new things and are no longer hindered by a fear of failure. All four of my children attend BCA and it has been incredible to see them blossom in this grace-filled, joy-bursting, and academically challenging school! The teachers go above and beyond to create a nurturing but structured environment. Another plus - I love that my elementary, middle, and high school children can attend school together - only one school to drop off all four kids!!"
- Posted by Parent - Rachel
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.