Barrington Christian Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Barrington Christian Academy has been recognized as one of the top 50 Christian high schools in the United States! Our vision is to equip students to lead by serving in every arena of society with passion, skill, integrity and faith.
- Our enrollment is 205 students in grades K-12. We are governed by an independent school board of twelve members representing several area churches.
- BCA has earned a reputation for providing an excellent academic program. Our faculty is dedicated to helping all of our students achieve to the best of their ability.
- Our academic program is challenging and exciting. We are known for a very strong program in the arts. Students are actively involved in the learning process.
- Every area of the curriculum is taught from a Christian worldview, and God's truth is the foundation for everything that we teach.
- With class size limited to twenty students and most classes no more than 16, each student receives the personal attention and care that is vital to a successful learning environment.
- The BCA community is one of the great strengths of our school.
- Parents are very involved in every facet of the school, from the board of trustees to the classroom.
- BCA views the education of students as a partnership between parents and the school, so we encourage parents to become involved in the children's education by being informed, supportive, available and involved in the life of our school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Discovery Program for Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, English Literature, Spanish,|
|Average SAT score||1090|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki/ blue/gray/black pants or skirts collared shirt (K-8))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,830|
|Tuition Notes||Different rates for K-5, 6-8, and 9-12 Can be paid over 12 months.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Miss Ramona Brown|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel McGuire|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choral Groups, Theater, Worship Team, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Dance Club, Gardening Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- A BEST value in independent education! Excellence in education! Biblical worldview!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Barrington Grades: PK-8 | 209 students
10 Waldron Avenue
Barrington, RI 02806
(401)246-0990 0.7 PK-8
- Warwick Grades: 6-11 | 20 students
75 Prospect St
Warwick, RI 02886
(401)739-2499 7.6 6-11
- Cumberland Grades: NS-8 | 337 students
35 Wrentham Rd
Cumberland, RI 02864
(401)333-5919 18 NS-8
I truly can't say enough good things about BCA! My daughter will graduate this year with skills and confidence - ready for college! With the experienced faculty, she has developed a beautiful soprano voice and has a commanding presence on stage. The performing arts at BCA have greatly increased her leadership capacity. She has become a leader on and off the stage thanks to the amazing opportunities that BCA offered.
- Posted by Parent - Rachel
I give the teachers at BCA 5 for 5 stars! Let me count the ways. *Appreciation of students as individuals; *Commitment to each student's success; *Ability to bring out the strengths of each student; *Creation of a supportive, fun community; *Modeling and developing character in students.
- Posted by Parent - S. Cross
For the first time in our 9 years of schooling, I feel like my children are being supported in their faith, in their academics, and in their personal development. After leaving the public school, I have noticed some big improvements in their attitude towards school. As a mom, it delights me to see that they are excited to try new things and are no longer hindered by a fear of failure. All four of my children attend BCA and it has been incredible to see them blossom in this grace-filled, joy-bursting, and academically challenging school! The teachers go above and beyond to create a nurturing but structured environment. Another plus - I love that my elementary, middle, and high school children can attend school together - only one school to drop off all four kids!!"
- Posted by Parent - Rachel
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.