Barrington Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Barrington Christian Academy has been recognized as one of the top 50 Christian high schools in the United States! Our vision is to equip students to lead by serving in every arena of society with passion, skill, integrity and faith.
- Our enrollment is 205 students in grades K-12. We are governed by an independent school board of twelve members representing several area churches.
- BCA has earned a reputation for providing an excellent academic program. Our faculty is dedicated to helping all of our students achieve to the best of their ability.
- Our academic program is challenging and exciting. We are known for a very strong program in the arts. Students are actively involved in the learning process.
- Every area of the curriculum is taught from a Christian worldview, and God's truth is the foundation for everything that we teach.
- With class size limited to twenty students and most classes no more than 16, each student receives the personal attention and care that is vital to a successful learning environment.
- The BCA community is one of the great strengths of our school.
- Parents are very involved in every facet of the school, from the board of trustees to the classroom.
- BCA views the education of students as a partnership between parents and the school, so we encourage parents to become involved in the children's education by being informed, supportive, available and involved in the life of our school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Discovery Program for Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, English Literature, Spanish,|
|Average SAT score||1090|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki/ blue/gray/black pants or skirts collared shirt (K-8))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,830|
|Tuition Notes||Different rates for K-5, 6-8, and 9-12 Can be paid over 12 months.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Miss Ramona Brown|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel McGuire|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choral Groups, Theater, Worship Team, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Dance Club, Gardening Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- A BEST value in independent education! Excellence in education! Biblical worldview!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Barrington Grades: PK-8 | 209 students
10 Waldron Avenue
Barrington, RI 02806
(401)246-0990 0.7 PK-8
- North Kingstown Grades: PK-8 | 198 students
475 School St
North Kingstown, RI 02852
(401)884-3600 12.2 PK-8
- East Greenwich Grades: NS-12 | 295 students
530 Ives Road
East Greenwich, RI 02818
(401)884-9070 8.4 NS-12
- Warwick Grades: 6-11 | 20 students
75 Prospect St
Warwick, RI 02886
(401)739-2499 7.6 6-11
- Portsmouth Grades: K-12 | 57 students
321 E Main Rd
Portsmouth, RI 02871
(401)849-5550 14.9 K-12
For the first time in our 9 years of schooling, I feel like my children are being supported in their faith, in their academics, and in their personal development. After leaving the public school, I have noticed some big improvements in their attitude towards school. As a mom, it delights me to see that they are excited to try new things and are no longer hindered by a fear of failure. All four of my children attend BCA and it has been incredible to see them blossom in this grace-filled, joy-bursting, and academically challenging school! The teachers go above and beyond to create a nurturing but structured environment. Another plus - I love that my elementary, middle, and high school children can attend school together - only one school to drop off all four kids!!"
- Posted by Parent - Rachel
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.