- Buckingham Browne & Nichols, a coeducational day school in Cambridge, Massachusetts, was established in 1974 by the merger of two independent schools, the Buckingham school and the Browne & Nichols school, founded respectively in 1889 and 1883.
- Located on three separate campuses, we work as one school in the pursuit of excellence.
- We celebrate the diversity of our community which enriches our daily experience.
- At BB&N we foster intellectual curiosity, critical thinking and a deep concern and respect for others.
- Our educational program, coordinated from beginners through grade twelve, provides a rigorous core curriculum, taught in flexible and innovative ways.
- Students acquire the skills and discipline necessary for academic accomplishment and learn to reflect, take risks and to discover.
- The curriculum is strengthened by our commitment to a comprehensive program in the arts and athletics.
- In all of our experiences, both those within the school and those which use our urban location, we encourage self-reliance, knowledge of oneself and a capacity for leadership.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1018 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||148 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Costs 2013-14 Beginners to Grade 3 - $29,000 Grades 4 and 5 ï¿½ $32,270 Grade 6 to 8 - $39,010 Grades 9 to 12 ï¿½ $39,510|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Volleyball, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,
Cross Country, Fencing,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||LS Chess club, Community Council, LS Orchestra, One World club, Affinity Lunch. MS: Science Club, Spark newspaper, Jazz Band, KNBC, Chorus, Chamber Music, Community Service, Affinity Lunch, Literary Group, D2 (Diversity Discussions), Players (Improv group LS Chess club, LS Orchestra, Jazz Band, KNBC, Chorus, Chamber Music, Community Council,
One World club,
Affinity Lunch. MS: Science Club,
D2 (Diversity Discussions),
Players (Improv group,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MiltonGrades: K-12 | 980 students
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
Chestnut HillGrades: 6-12 | 451 students
791 Hammond St
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Chestnut HillGrades: PK-12 | 373 students
69 Middlesex Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
BelmontGrades: 7-12 | 444 students
350 Prospect Street
Belmont, MA 02478
DedhamGrades: 7-12 | 613 students
10 Campus Drive
Dedham, MA 02026
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.