Buckingham Browne & Nichols School
- Buckingham Browne & Nichols, a coeducational day school in Cambridge, Massachusetts, was established in 1974 by the merger of two independent schools, the Buckingham school and the Browne & Nichols school, founded respectively in 1889 and 1883.
- Located on three separate campuses, we work as one school in the pursuit of excellence.
- We celebrate the diversity of our community which enriches our daily experience.
- At BB&N we foster intellectual curiosity, critical thinking and a deep concern and respect for others.
- Our educational program, coordinated from beginners through grade twelve, provides a rigorous core curriculum, taught in flexible and innovative ways.
- Students acquire the skills and discipline necessary for academic accomplishment and learn to reflect, take risks and to discover.
- The curriculum is strengthened by our commitment to a comprehensive program in the arts and athletics.
- In all of our experiences, both those within the school and those which use our urban location, we encourage self-reliance, knowledge of oneself and a capacity for leadership.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1015 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||156 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Costs 2013-14 Beginners to Grade 3 - $29,000 Grades 4 and 5 ï¿½ $32,270 Grade 6 to 8 - $39,010 Grades 9 to 12 ï¿½ $39,510|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Volleyball, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Fencing,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Affinity Lunch, Affinity Lunch. MS: Science Club, Chamber Music, Chorus, Community Council, Community Service, D2 (Diversity Discussions), Jazz Band, KNBC, Literary Group, LS Chess club, LS Orchestra, One World club, Players (Improv group, Spark newspape|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milton Grades: K-12 | 980 students
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
(617)898-1798 8.8 K-12
- Chestnut Hill Grades: 6-12 | 470 students
791 Hammond St
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
(617)738-2700 3.7 6-12
- Chestnut Hill Grades: PK-12 | 378 students
69 Middlesex Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
(617)738-8695 3.5 PK-12
- Belmont Grades: 7-12 | 435 students
350 Prospect Street
Belmont, MA 02478
(617)993-5220 3.2 7-12
- Dedham Grades: 7-12 | 590 students
10 Campus Drive
Dedham, MA 02026
(781)326-3700 8.1 7-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.