Brimmer and May School
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 379 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 17 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Acoustic Music, Admission Ambassador, Community Service Club, Cribbage and Card Games, Digital Fabrication/Making Club, Documentary Film Club, Doodle Art Club, Global Studies, GSA (Gender and Sexuality for All), Knitting Club, Make Cool Videos Club, Model United Nations, Politics of the Election, Quiz Bowl, Robotics Club, Science Club, Sports Appreciation Club, STEAM, Stock Market Club, Strategic Games Club, Student Diversity Leadership Club, TED Talk Discussion Group, Warm Up America
- Founded in 1880, Brimmer and May School is a coeducational day school located three miles west of Boston in historic Chestnut Hill. We offer a rigorous program of academics, athletics, arts, and extracurricular activities to a diverse student body in pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
- Brimmer students begin studying French in PK and have the option of studying Mandarin and Spanish by Grade 5.
- The 6:1 student-faculty ratio allows students and teachers to work closely and cooperatively.
- Upper School students are guided in course selection, goal-setting, and college planning by their faculty advisor and college counselor. In addition to the college preparatory course of study, students have the opportunity to join the Honors program and may choose from electives in art, theatre, music, video production, 17 AP courses, and independent study.
- Our Signature Diploma Programs, including Creative Arts, Global Studies, and STEAM, allow students to pursue a passion and complete independent work in a concentrated area.
- Upper School students participate in Winterim, our signature cultural and service learning program that provides a dynamic way to connect what they are learning in the classroom to people, places, and cultures around the world.
- Our Middle School program is focused on building skills as students take on greater independence and initiative. Students in these transitional years are guided in becoming self-motivated and self-disciplined students, equipped with the knowledge and experience they will need to meet the expectations of the Upper School. Each child's progress is carefully monitored, providing the support students need as they move from the Lower to the Middle School. Students regularly give exhibitions that demonstrate what they have learned. All students also take part in the community service program.
- Our Lower School program provides students with an integrated curriculum that allows them to understand the relationship between all the subjects they study. The curriculum fosters independence and helps students become both learners and teachers. The school offers an After-School Music program and an Extended Day program.
- Brimmer provides students with an environment that will stimulate them to love learning, to think deeply and analytically, to value themselves and others, and to prepare and inspire students to think and act as responsible and ethical citizens within the diverse global community. To read more about the school, visit www.brimmer.org
- Brimmer Summer offers Day Camp as well as specialty camps such as Gator Goals Soccer Academy, Basketball Camp, Eco Adventures, Mindstorm & Design, and STEAM Into Summer. See www.brimmer.org/summer-programs to learn more!
Endorse Brimmer and May School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards