Beaver Country Day School
- Who We Are Our students. Here students will grow and develop, learn who they are, what they want, and how to get it.
- They thrive discovering the whats, exploring the hows, and challenging the whys with tools and partners that reflect the ever-changing now.
- Our teachers. Here teachers are mentors, experts, collaborators, and motivators, dedicated to each and every student reaching their potential.
- They are more than instructors they are the designers of rich learning experiences.
- Our community. Here graduates are knowledgeable, confident and savvy leaders ready to collaborate and compete in a world that is depending on them to make a difference.
- At Beaver we are a community of thinkers and doers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||490 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$54,265|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Shamikhah Baker|
|Admissions Associate||Office of Admission|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Fencing,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
"We educate our students to play at the highest level. To quickly adapt and master. To solve problems creatively, think of ideas never considered and build solutions that stick. We give them the ability to combine existing elements to create something totally new. Our students are excited about, not daunted by, the uncertainty and ambiguity that lies ahead."
Peter Hutton, Head of School
What We Do
Beaver is so much more than a school we are at the forefront of education. We consistently look beyond tradition, and beyond our walls to learn from and partner with the best. Because of this we are able to present classic and innovative subject matter in a creative environment that yields real results.
- Students use state of the art technology in everything that they do not only as a tool for research and discovery, but also as platforms for expression, communication, and creativity.
- We are partnering with the greatest innovators out there in order to adopt and apply the most effective teaching methodologies. We`ve partnered with IDEO, an award-winning human-centric design firm, to train all of our teachers on how to bring design thinking to the classroom, regardless of the subject. And together with MIT, we are the co-founding partners of the NuVu Studio program, where students receive innovation training provided by MIT scholars, based on the MIT studio model learning.
- We are an active and welcoming community of students, teachers, parents, and alumni. We learn and grow from each other, enriching our own offerings and providing access to amazing opportunities. Being a part of the Beaver community is a special honor that is exciting and constantly inspiring.
- Our partnership with the Hiatt Center's civic engagement program inspires and enables students to create social change. Social justice curriculum and community building opportunities raise awareness of and involvement in social responsibility.
Since 1920, Beaver has given students the power to excel in any circumstance. Beaver challenges students to go beyond mastery of content and conventional problem-solving; rather we prepare students for an undefined era where the New Basics are the cornerstones of professional success and personal development.
We stretch the capabilities of the mind around academic subjects, particularly when they are connected to complex issues. We place extra emphasis on writing skills, persuasive communication, and collaboration to teach students to express their ideas effectively.
Multi-dimensional thinking is the platform for success in today`s complex society. The earlier students learn the sophisticated thinking skills needed to master this complexity, the better. In all disciplines, we teach students to see things from multiple perspectives, identify a range of approaches, and think adaptively and flexibly to conceive powerful solutions.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cambridge Grades: PK-12 | 1015 students
80 Gerry's Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 547-6100 3.6 PK-12
- Milton Grades: K-12 | 1020 students
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
(617) 898-1798 6.8 K-12
- Boston Grades: 5-12 | 471 students
103 Pilgrim Road
Boston, MA 02215
(617) 735-9503 3.1 5-12
- Braintree Grades: 6-12 | 688 students
745 Washington Street
Braintree, MA 02184
(781) 843-3580 11.6 6-12
Inspired staff, modern workspaces, challenging and thoughtful curriculum, happy kids. Really a school that's hugely ascendant right now.
- Posted by Parent - Current parent