Beaver Country Day School
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: 6-12
- Students: 490 students
- Yearly Tuition: $56,435
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
What We Do
Beaver is so much more than a school we are at the forefront of education. We consistently look beyond tradition, and beyond our walls to learn from and partner with the best. Because of this we are able to present classic and innovative subject matter in a creative environment that yields real results.
- Students use state of the art technology in everything that they do not only as a tool for research and discovery, but also as platforms for expression, communication, and creativity.
- We are partnering with the greatest innovators out there in order to adopt and apply the most effective teaching methodologies. We`ve partnered with IDEO, an award-winning human-centric design firm, to train all of our teachers on how to bring design thinking to the classroom, regardless of the subject. And together with MIT, we are the co-founding partners of the NuVu Studio program, where students receive innovation training provided by MIT scholars, based on the MIT studio model learning.
- We are an active and welcoming community of students, teachers, parents, and alumni. We learn and grow from each other, enriching our own offerings and providing access to amazing opportunities. Being a part of the Beaver community is a special honor that is exciting and constantly inspiring.
- Our partnership with the Hiatt Center's civic engagement program inspires and enables students to create social change. Social justice curriculum and community building opportunities raise awareness of and involvement in social responsibility.
Since 1920, Beaver has given students the power to excel in any circumstance. Beaver challenges students to go beyond mastery of content and conventional problem-solving; rather we prepare students for an undefined era where the New Basics are the cornerstones of professional success and personal development.
We stretch the capabilities of the mind around academic subjects, particularly when they are connected to complex issues. We place extra emphasis on writing skills, persuasive communication, and collaboration to teach students to express their ideas effectively.
Multi-dimensional thinking is the platform for success in today`s complex society. The earlier students learn the sophisticated thinking skills needed to master this complexity, the better. In all disciplines, we teach students to see things from multiple perspectives, identify a range of approaches, and think adaptively and flexibly to conceive powerful solutions.
Endorse Beaver Country Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards