The Newman School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The Newman School offers college preparation to international and American students.
- A program of extracurricular sports and activities complements a course of study organized around the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
- All students benefit from IB studies, while about fifteen percent of seniors will pursue the IB Diploma itself.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1090|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(business casual dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,000|
|Tuition Notes||International student tuition is $35000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Patricia Lynch|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Rugby, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Dance, Entrpreneurship Club, Math Team, Mock Trial|
Club or Organization:
Math Team, Model United Nations, Robotics Team
- The Newman School is in its 7th year of offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, and is adding 7th grade beginning in the fall of 2017. The school believes that the IB program offers students of widely varying backgrounds the opportunity to succeed in serious courses with the close encouragement and support of caring, qualified teachers.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BostonGrades: 9-12 | 150 students
151 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
- BostonGrades: 9-12 | 172 students
One University Road
Boston, MA 02215
- MiltonGrades: K-12 | 980 students
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
- CambridgeGrades: PK-12 | 1018 students
80 Gerrys Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
- Chestnut HillGrades: 6-12 | 470 students
791 Hammond St
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
it is a very good school, I wish that my daughter will be studied here.
- Posted by Parent - Tuoi, Vu Thi
I graduated from Newman in 1968. My experience at Newman Preparatory School was fantastic. I have many wonderful memories of my time as a student at Newman. The faculty and staff were very helpful - very attentive. Newman opened doors for me academically and professionally.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - swann
I graduated from Newman in 1991 and thought it was a fantastic school. The curriculum was challenging and the rich and diverse student body made up of a large percentage of international students made for an unforgettable experience.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - abouz
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.