The Newman School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The Newman School offers college preparation to international and American students.
- A program of extracurricular sports and activities complements a course of study organized around the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
- All students benefit from IB studies, while about fifteen percent of seniors will pursue the IB Diploma itself.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1090|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(business casual dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,000|
|Tuition Notes||International student tuition is $35000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Patricia Lynch|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Rugby, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Dance, Entrpreneurship Club, Math Team, Mock Trial|
Club or Organization:
Math Team, Model United Nations, Robotics Team
- The Newman School is in its 7th year of offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, and is adding 7th grade beginning in the fall of 2017. The school believes that the IB program offers students of widely varying backgrounds the opportunity to succeed in serious courses with the close encouragement and support of caring, qualified teachers.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boston Grades: 9-12 | 150 students
151 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
(617)266-7525 0.2 9-12
- Boston Grades: 9-12 | 170 students
One University Road
Boston, MA 02215
(617)353-9000 1.4 9-12
- Milton Grades: K-12 | 980 students
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
(617)898-1798 6.6 K-12
- Cambridge Grades: PK-12 | 1015 students
80 Gerrys Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617)547-6100 3.1 PK-12
- Chestnut Hill Grades: 6-12 | 470 students
791 Hammond St
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
(617)738-2700 4.6 6-12
it is a very good school, I wish that my daughter will be studied here.
- Posted by Parent - Tuoi, Vu Thi
I graduated from Newman in 1968. My experience at Newman Preparatory School was fantastic. I have many wonderful memories of my time as a student at Newman. The faculty and staff were very helpful - very attentive. Newman opened doors for me academically and professionally.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - swann
I graduated from Newman in 1991 and thought it was a fantastic school. The curriculum was challenging and the rich and diverse student body made up of a large percentage of international students made for an unforgettable experience.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - abouz
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
July 07, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.