The Newman School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The Newman School offers college preparation to international and American students in Grades 7- 12.
- A program of extracurricular sports and activities complements a course of study organized around the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
- All students benefit from IB studies, while about fifty percent of seniors will pursue the IB Diploma itself.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1090|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(business casual dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,000|
|Tuition Notes||International student tuition is $36000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amanda Packard|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Rugby, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Dance, Entrpreneurship Club, Math Team, Mock Trial|
Club or Organization:
Math Team, Model United Nations, Robotics Team
- The Newman School is in its 10th year of offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. The school believes that the IB program offers students of widely varying backgrounds the opportunity to succeed in serious courses with the close encouragement and support of caring, qualified teachers.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boston Grades: 9-12 | 140 students
151 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
(617)266-7525 0.2 9-12
- Boston Grades: 9-12 | 170 students
One University Road
Boston, MA 02215
(617)353-9000 1.4 9-12
- Cambridge Grades: PK-12 | 1015 students
80 Gerry's Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617)547-6100 3.1 PK-12
it is a very good school, I wish that my daughter will be studied here.
- Posted by Parent - Tuoi, Vu Thi
I graduated from Newman in 1968. My experience at Newman Preparatory School was fantastic. I have many wonderful memories of my time as a student at Newman. The faculty and staff were very helpful - very attentive. Newman opened doors for me academically and professionally.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - swann
I graduated from Newman in 1991 and thought it was a fantastic school. The curriculum was challenging and the rich and diverse student body made up of a large percentage of international students made for an unforgettable experience.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - abouz
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.