Kingsley Montessori School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Kingsley offers a progressive Montessori education tailored to the talents, curiosity and growth of students ages two through twelve and supports each child`s social development and academic success.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||328 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / Jan. 15|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies with Early Childhood vs. Elementary: http://www.kingsley.org/admissions/programs-and-tuition|
|Admissions Director||Erin Palmer|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- Located in the heart of Boston`s Back Bay, Kingsley Montessori School is a premier, independent day school for students ages two through twelve.Our unique "Foundational Decade of Learning" blends proven Montessori practices with an innovative ten-year integrated curriculum-Montessori PLUS.Kingsley`s approach is student-centered. We strive to make the most of each student`s unique gifts and interests and to empower students to take ownership of their learning so that they may become happy, confident and successful learners for life. Kingsley graduates gain admission to many of the top independent secondary schools and exam schools in New England and score on average 30 percent higher than the national average on ERB tests.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BostonGrades: NS-8 | 120 students
530 Commonwealth Ave
Boston, MA 02215
- BostonGrades: K-6 | 118 students
107 Marlborough Street
Boston, MA 02116
- BrooklineGrades: PK-8 | 555 students
171 Goddard Avenue
Brookline, MA 02445
- CambridgeGrades: PK-8 | 205 students
5 Cadbury Road
Cambridge, MA 02140
- CambridgeGrades: PK-12 | 1018 students
80 Gerrys Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
My son has been at Kingsley for 5 years and we could not be happier. Not only is the school great, but he also does after school, specialty classes, piano lessons and summer camp there. It makes life simple for a working family. The sense of community is amazing with many opportunities to get together with other families throughout the year. The teachers care deeply about the students, while at the same time teaching them independence and ownership of their work.
- Posted by Parent - Cindy
My family has been a part of the Kingsley community for the past eight years. In addition to providing my family with a supportive and vibrant community (we've met some lifelong friends through this community), I have Kingsley to thank for helping to foster curiosity, the ability to concentrate for long periods of time, independence, and kindness in my two children. The school does a fine job of knowing each child and ensuring the students' social development while maintaining a high level of academic rigor. The teachers are top-notch, committed educators and the benefits of the multi-aged classrooms are numerous.
- Posted by Parent - Anna L.
As a parent of two children at Kingsley Montessori, we are thrilled with the quality of education our children receive. The faculty are exceptional and true assets to the Kingsley community. Faculty interactions with each of our children have been exceptional, loving, warm and firm. Both our girls started Kingsley in the toddler program at age 2. We have been at the school for 4 years. When they first started, we were impressed with the practical life skills the children learned, and the pride they took in learning how to be independent in an age appropriate way. We like that they respect their home environment, can dress themselves, get themselves a snack, interact with their peers in a calm and loving way and with each other. The mixed aged classroom we feel really prepared our oldest to be a patient big sister to her younger sibling. Our oldest has experienced being the youngest and oldest in the mixed aged classroom (3-6), and she has learned to work well and support younger children as she has grown older. I feel the classrooms have enabled our children to play across age and gender without thought. The education is really spectacular, and the preparation of the classroom and its materials is extremely thoughtful, beautiful and true to Kingsley and the Montessori philosophy. The girls have really thrived learning concepts from working with materials rather than direct instruction. Both girls can choose their activity within a range of options and that they have uninterrupted blocks of time to focus on their activities. The Kingsley community is thoughtful and and supportive. Kingsley really believes in parents as partners, and we have been pleased to be partnered with teachers who are insightful, thoughtful and demonstrate a complete understanding of our children. It is a fantastic school !
- Posted by Parent - Apiron
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.