Kingsley Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (617) 226-4927
- Kingsley's Mission is to engage the mind, hands, and heart of each child to nurture resilient explorers, confident learners, and empathetic citizens.
- We are a Toddler through Grade 6 independent school with deep Montessori roots (and a hybrid Montessori program in Grades 4-6) in the heart of Back Bay.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||301 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies with Early Childhood vs. Elementary: http://www.kingsley.org/admissions/programs-and-tuition|
|Admissions Director||Hadley Keefe|
|Admissions Associate||Catherine Melley|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Gymnastics, Rock Climbing, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Cross Country,|
Gymnastics, Rock Climbing,
- Kingsley Montessori offers a unique vision of what education can be. While our programs change to meet the needs of our students, our values and core principles are enduring.What happens in the ten years from age two to age twelve? During that Foundational Decade, a school can empower students to take ownership of their own learning and become learners for life. Inquiry-based learning, learning that is responsive to student interests and questions, creates empowerment. It combines choice with high expectations, and it encourages children to undertake new challenges. Kingsley believes in connecting ideas, skills, and knowledge in new ways; thinking critically, collaboratively, and intelligently about your work. It's about asking, not just answering, insightful questions. At Kingsley, we encourage students at every age to take responsibility for their own learning and learn by doing.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boston Grades: NS-8 | 120 students
530 Commonwealth Ave
Boston, MA 02215
(617) 266-0028 0.9 NS-8
- Boston Grades: K-6 | 118 students
107 Marlborough Street
Boston, MA 02116
(617) 266-8427 0.2 K-6
- Cambridge Grades: PK-12 | 1015 students
80 Gerry's Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 547-6100 3.2 PK-12
My son has been at Kingsley for 5 years and we could not be happier. Not only is the school great, but he also does after school, specialty classes, piano lessons and summer camp there. It makes life simple for a working family. The sense of community is amazing with many opportunities to get together with other families throughout the year. The teachers care deeply about the students, while at the same time teaching them independence and ownership of their work.
- Posted by Parent - Cindy
My family has been a part of the Kingsley community for the past eight years. In addition to providing my family with a supportive and vibrant community (we've met some lifelong friends through this community), I have Kingsley to thank for helping to foster curiosity, the ability to concentrate for long periods of time, independence, and kindness in my two children. The school does a fine job of knowing each child and ensuring the students' social development while maintaining a high level of academic rigor. The teachers are top-notch, committed educators and the benefits of the multi-aged classrooms are numerous.
- Posted by Parent - Anna L.
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?