British International School Of Boston
- A co-educational day school offering personalized learning for all students, aged 18 months to 18 years.
- Carefully-selected international curricula offer challenge and support as needed in relation to academic and personal development from an early age, while our diverse learning environment represented by 75+ heritages, and international learning opportunities ensure that students develop a broad global perspective.
- As a member of Nord Anglia Education, a family of premium education schools in 15+ countries, BISB students benefit from a unique global learning experience that affords them the opportunity to share, learn and develop with friends here and across the world.
- Students benefit from partnerships with several leading organizations, including collaborations with Juilliard, MIT, and UNICEF.
- Our High School culminates with the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, regarded as one of the best high school diploma programs in the world.
- Our students stand out during college admissions, and leave the school prepared and equipped with skills required to succeed in a globally-connected future..
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||425 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our web site or call the school for current school fees.|
|Admissions Director||Anique Seldon|
|Admissions Associate||Tricia Malone|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Fencing, Indoor Soccer, Mountaineering, Soccer, Swimming, TennisBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Fencing,
Indoor Soccer, Mountaineering,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||changing termly, chess, cooking, dance, debate, drama, Duke of Edinburgh, Fencing, film, German, golf, many more, Model United Nations, newspaper, robotics, sailing, sports, student council, Student Media Team, Yearbook chess, cooking, dance, debate, drama, Fencing, film, German, golf, many more, newspaper, robotics, sailing, sports, Yearbook, changing termly,|
Duke of Edinburgh,
Model United Nations,
Student Media Team,
- Individual, International, Inspirational
- Your child will develop, within an international education, the qualities and potential to become an active and responsible citizen and global leader.
- Your child will be nurtured, supported and challenged according to his/her individual needs and aspirations.
- Your child will be inspired to become engaged in and excited about his/her own leanring and development.
- Throughout the school, students receive individualized support from teachers and learning assistants, assuring every child is inspired to set and reach personal learning goals.
- Inspiring the next generation of explorers via a holistic and internationally minded framework
- High School studies culminate with the highly regarded International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, accepted in colleges and universities in the U.S. and around the globe.
- Modern World Languages beginning at age 3.
- Reading and writing instruction beginning at age 3.
- Admissions timeline accomodations possible for international and relocating students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BrooklineGrades: PK-12 | 415 students
20 Newton St
Brookline, MA 02445
- BostonGrades: 9-12 | 172 students
One University Road
Boston, MA 02215
- MiltonGrades: K-12 | 980 students
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
- BostonGrades: 5-12 | 436 students
103 Pilgrim Road
Boston, MA 02215
- BostonGrades: PK-6 | 207 students
15 Brimmer Street
Boston, MA 02108