British International School of Boston
- A co-educational day school offering personalized learning for all students, aged 18 months to 18 years.
- Carefully-selected international curricula offer individualized challenge and support from an early age, while our diverse learning environment represented by 80+ heritages, and international learning opportunities ensure that students develop a broad global perspective.
- As a member of Nord Anglia Education, a family of premium education schools, BISB students benefit from a unique global learning experience that affords them the opportunity to share, learn, and develop with students all over the world.
- Students benefit from partnerships with several leading organizations, including collaborations with Juilliard, MIT, and UNICEF.
- Our High School culminates with the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, regarded as one of the best high school diploma programs in the world.
- Our students stand out during college admissions and leave the school prepared to succeed at American and interntational colleges and universities, and equipped with skills required to excel in a globally-connected future..
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||454 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our web site or call the school for current school fees. 617-522-2261|
|Admissions Director||Lisa van Horne|
|Admissions Associate||Tricia Malone|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Mountaineering, Soccer, Swimming, TennisBasketball, Crew,|
Cross Country, Mountaineering,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
changing termly, chess, Duke of Edinburgh, many more, Model United Nations, robotics, sports, student council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
dance, drama, film
- You want the best for your child. So do we. That's why we educate differently.
- Science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) collaborations with MIT
- Music and drama collaborations with The Juilliard School
- Curriculum collaboration with UNICEF
- Your child will develop, through an international education, the qualities and potential to become an active and responsible citizen and global leader.
- Your child will be nurtured, supported and challenged according to his/her individual needs and aspirations.
- Your child will be inspired to Be Ambitious, becoming engaged in and excited about his/her own leanring and development.
- Within our academically rigorous approach, students receive personalized support from teachers and learning assistants, assuring every child is inspired to set and reach personal learning goals.
- Inspiring the next generation of explorers via a holistic and internationally minded framework
- High School studies culminate with the highly regarded International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, accepted in colleges and universities in the U.S. and around the globe.
- Modern World Languages beginning at age 2 years 9 months.
- Reading and writing instruction beginning at 2 years 9 months.
- Admissions timeline accomodations possible for international and relocating students.
- Individual, International, Inspirational
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milton Grades: K-12 | 1020 students
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
(617) 898-1798 4.6 K-12
I've been at this school for 5 years, and I would say my experience has been great. The key aspect of the school is its sense of community and that it is such a small school, everybody knows one another. You really get to build a good relationship with your peers and teachers. The academic is good, you won't really struggle if you do put in the work. Teachers generally are passionate about their job, and they are willing to give up their break time to help a student if they're falling behind. Clubs and activities are limited due to the lack of facilities, but you still have quite a decent amount of choices. School Culture I think is great, as the sense of community is really strong, and you're also given a lot of leadership opportunities in the school. Sports is quite limited, and resources are also average, again, due to the lack of facilities, but I think the resources is enough for a school this size I haven't really had a problem in terms of academic resources in the school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Oscar
BISB is a hidden gem! The teachers are amazing and dedicated; the curriculum is challenging and is taught in an individual way, and the focus is on the whole child. The transition into Middle School has been a very smooth, with so many opportunities available for the students (MIT trips/challenges, Global games, productions, BISB6, trips abroad). My children love their school and look forward to going in every day!
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Our children moved to the school 2 years ago from abroad and since then they have been enjoying any minutes of it. They have found great teachers which have helped them to thrive and develop their skills while having fun in a safe a friendly environment. The leadership is also very good and they are constantly trying to find ways to improve the school even more. A very good school over all.
- Posted by Parent - Lorenza Ciani
My son joined the Nursery class at BISB as a not-quite four-year-old who could barely write his own name and couldn`t bear the slightest failure. He has since grown into a resilient tween who knows how to learn from his mistakes and enjoys a wide circle of friends from around the world. This is due in no small part to the wonderful teachers and other staff at BISB who have taught and guided him for the past eight years. In a nutshell, I give BISB high praise for its excellent academics, global perspective woven throughout the curriculum, and welcoming community. For our family, the small size of the school and limited extracurricular and athletics offerings led us to make a change for middle school, but we were very happy with our son's primary school experience.
- Posted by Parent - mmc
Our children are very happy at BISB. The academic teaching is excellent and both teaching and non-teaching staff are highly motivated, friendly and clearly enjoy working at BISB which creates a positive and nurturing environment for the students. Our entire family has been welcomed by BISB and we are delighted to be part of the BISB community.
- Posted by Parent - Lisa
My 2 girls moved to the school in January of 2017 from Sydney and is the best thing I have ever done for them, the school has been very welcoming from the very down to earth and approachable Principal, to the Admissions staff, the teachers, students and parents. Especially in High school since my daugther missed the full first term of Year 10 when we started the teachers cannot be more helpful in making sure she was able to catch up, spending their own spare time giving her make up lessons. Teachers made sure they excel academically at the same time supports their passion, my older daugther loves singing, song writing and playing guitar and the music teacher helped her flourished her music talent at school, she is going to Year 12 for her IB program and her teachers helped her carefully select the subjects she is going to do in order to make sure she succeeds. My younger daugther who is moving to middle school is very excited and this is because she love's the school particularly her experience in Year 6 thanks to the Year 6 teachers who nurtured her and gave her the love for learning. They both made lots of good friends and for us too, there is a strong sense of community at BISB and we are very fortunate to be part of this because the school is an extension of our family.
- Posted by Parent - AP
I love BISB and I always have. School has become a second home for me and I am constantly being supported and pushed in all my subjects. I have never been bored, as activities are offered that cover all of my interests! Although our school may be small, I believe that there is a special charm that comes with it, like being able to know all of your classmates and teachers personally. I believe that the small size of our school is only an advantage.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Kira