Dexter Southfield School
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 1,027 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
Dexter Southfield School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Ambassadors Club, American Discourse, Art Club, Astronomy Club, Chess Club, Comics, Community Service Club, Creative Writing Club, Current Events Club, Debate, Drawing and Painting, Engineering Club, Environmental Club, GAINS (Girls Advancing in Science), Independent Reading, Investment Club, Jam Band, Jewelry Making, Lawn Games, LEAD (Diversity Leadership), Math Club, Model UN, Outdoors Club, Quiz Bowl, Rainbow Cafe (GSA), Robotics Club, Sewing Club, SOC (Students of Color Affinity Group), Stock Market Club, Student Newspaper, Student Tour Guides, The Business of Sports, The Drumlin (Literary Magazine), Volleyball Club, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Dexter strives to develop in each student academic and athletic skills, moral and spiritual attitudes and habits, and self-discipline so that he may make positive contributions to today's society.
- A range of offerings is available to students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12.
- The curriculum is challenging, and high expectations are held for each student, yet the faculty provides a wide range of academic offerings and individualized programs.
- Dexter's athletic programs feature a combination of intramural and interscholastic offerings.
- In Kindergarten through Grade 2 physical education is a daily activity.
- Intramural competition is introduced in Grade 3 through Grade 6 during which students compete in many different sports with the goal of instilling a spirit of sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Beginning in Grade 7, athletes choose from a variety of interscholastic sports.
Endorse Dexter Southfield School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards