Kennebec Montessori School
- Kennebec Montessori School is the only licensed, non-denominational alternative Primary and Elementary school in the greater Waterville area.
- Our school is accredited through the American Montessori Society. At our location in Fairfield, we offer Primary and Elementary Montessori programs to 80 children from age 3 to 9.
- Our four classrooms are all multi-age: three Primary classrooms and one Elementary classroom.
- The mission of the Kennebec Montessori School is to provide young children with an educational program rooted in the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, in which respect for self, others, and the environment are fundamental.
- The program is designed to heighten intellectual and social development through the process of exploration and discovery with concrete materials, while nurturing a natural curiosity and a love of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-4|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 11%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Augusta Grades: PK-8 | 90 students
195 Hallowell Rd
Augusta, ME 04330
(207)626-5550 22.6 PK-8
- Houlton Grades: PK-12 | 117 students
27 School St
Houlton, ME 04730
(207)532-0736 136.6 PK-12
- Waterville Grades: PK-12 | 165 students
60 W River Rd
Waterville, ME 04901
(207)873-5325 4.3 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.