Kennebec Montessori School
- Kennebec Montessori School is the only licensed, non-denominational alternative Primary and Elementary school in the greater Waterville area.
- Our school is accredited through the American Montessori Society. At our location in Fairfield, we offer Primary and Elementary Montessori programs to 80 children from age 3 to 9.
- Our four classrooms are all multi-age: three Primary classrooms and one Elementary classroom.
- The mission of the Kennebec Montessori School is to provide young children with an educational program rooted in the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, in which respect for self, others, and the environment are fundamental.
- The program is designed to heighten intellectual and social development through the process of exploration and discovery with concrete materials, while nurturing a natural curiosity and a love of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||93 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.