- Kennebec Montessori School is the only licensed, non-denominational alternative Primary and Elementary school in the greater Waterville area.
- Our school is accredited through the American Montessori Society. At our location in Fairfield, we offer Primary and Elementary Montessori programs to 80 children from age 3 to 9.
- Our four classrooms are all multi-age: three Primary classrooms and one Elementary classroom.
- The mission of the Kennebec Montessori School is to provide young children with an educational program rooted in the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, in which respect for self, others, and the environment are fundamental.
- The program is designed to heighten intellectual and social development through the process of exploration and discovery with concrete materials, while nurturing a natural curiosity and a love of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||93 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.