Kents Hill School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (207) 685-1606
- For close to 200 years, Kents Hill has been dedicated to providing transformative experiences rooted in the power of community, character, and core values.
- Located on a beautiful 400-acre campus in central Maine, Kents Hill School is an intentionally small boarding and day school grades 9-PG attracting 225 students from 25 states and 20 countries.
- Through a broad curriculum of academics, arts, athletics, and leadership development, our students make our school - and the world - a better place.
- At Kents Hill, a student`s success is not measured solely by test scores or college acceptances, but by the relationships that they build and the opportunities that they have to experience, develop, and live by a set of core values.
- Our college preparatory program focuses on the individual and supporting young people in reaching their fullest potential. Illustrative of this commitment is our robust Learning Skills Program, where teachers trained in academic coaching deliver personal, empathetic, and innovative learning experiences.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Executive Function, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Processing, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, and more.|
|Total Students||221 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English, Environmental Studies, European History, Physics B (1), Physics B (2), Statistics, Studio Art, United States History, US Govt & Politics|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$61,950|
|Tuition Notes||Day Student $32,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$23,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Matthew Crane|
|Admissions Associate||Alison Lincoln-Rich|
|Endowment Size||$27 million|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cycling, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, TennisAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Fencing, Field Hockey,
Football, Freestyle Skiing,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Lacrosse, Mountain Biking,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Amnesty International, Drama/Music Club, Environmental/Green Club, Foodies Club, French Film Club, Gay-Straight Alliance Alliance (GSA), Go Global Club, Peer Counselors, Proctors, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Student Newspaper, Tour Guides, Yearbook Club
- The best way to see what makes Kents Hill School such an inviting and exciting place is to visit campus. We look forward to showing you our beautiful setting and facilities, introducing you to students and teachers, and arranging for you to attend a class. Contact our Admissions Office to set up a personal tour and interview at 207-685-1606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bath Grades: 9-12 | 150 students
616 High Street
Bath, ME 04530
(207) 443-5584 35.6 9-12
- Hebron Grades: 6-12 | 262 students
339 Paris Rd
Hebron, ME 04238
(207) 966-5225 22 6-12
- Kingfield Grades: 9-12 | 49 students
3197 Carrabassett Dr
Kingfield, ME 04947
(207) 237-2250 49.2 9-12
Terrific school! Top academics, great college counseling, top alpine training on campus.
- Posted by Parent - mrc1620
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.