Originally established as a feeder school for Bowdoin College, Lincoln Academy has been educating students for over 200 years. Lincoln is a private, co-educational high school that serves as the comprehensive high school for 18 towns in a residential area along the Damariscotta Lake and Pemaquid Peninsula.
It is located on the coast of Maine, 50 miles northeast of Portland and three hours from Boston.
Lincoln is dedicated to creating lifelong learners who understand their complex relationship to the broader world.
The school makes every effort to recognize and to meet the needs of students as individiuals, while affirming that education is a collaboration of community, family, and student.
- Top Ranked ME School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 564 students
- Yearly Tuition: $47,000
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 13%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Biology, Calculus AB, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, French Language, Music Theory, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. History
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition & fees for residential students, which includes room, board, tuition, ESL, textbooks, & airport pick-up.
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Alternative Education, Art Club, Band/Jazz Groups, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Book & Pen Group, Chorus, Civil Rights Team, Climate Action Group, Debate Team, Dramatics, Equine Club, Gaming Club, Gay/Straight Alliance, International Club, Literary Magazine, Math Team, Media Club, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Outing Club, Peer Tutors & Senior Mentors, Philosophy Club, Science Club, Student Council, Yearbook
- Why choose LA
- ACADEMICS: Students, who study hard at LA, are well prepared for America`s most respected colleges and universities. With twelve outstanding AP courses and dynamic teachers who are experts in their fields, LA offers students a world-class education.
- CAMPUS: Students at LA enjoy the benefits of a safe, small town in coastal Maine but are only an hour away from the amenities and activities in Portland. The school has new science laboratories and updated classroom facilities. There is also a beautiful, modern dining commons and black box theater. A new residence hall is opening in February 2015, as is a state-of-the-art Applied Technology and Engineering Center.
- OPPORTUNITIES: With over 40 clubs, activities, and sports, students have the chance to try new things and are encouraged to follow their passions. This is a school where exciting things happen!
- PEOPLE: LA`s teachers are passionate about their subjects and value each individual student. Students excel in this positive environment. The LA family is inviting, caring, friendly,and diverse.
Endorse Lincoln Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.