- Originally established as a feeder school for Bowdoin College, Lincoln Academy has been educating students for over 200 years. Lincoln is a private, co-educational high school that serves as the comprehensive high school for 18 towns in a residential area along the Damariscotta Lake and Pemaquid Peninsula.
- It is located on the coast of Maine, 50 miles northeast of Portland and three hours from Boston.
- Lincoln is dedicated to creating lifelong learners who understand their complex relationship to the broader world.
- The school makes every effort to recognize and to meet the needs of students as individiuals, while affirming that education is a collaboration of community, family, and student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||564 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, French Language, Music Theory, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$47,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition & fees for residential students, which includes room, board, tuition, ESL, textbooks, & airport pick-up.|
|Admissions Director||Sheryl Stearns|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Alternative Education, Art Club, Band/Jazz Groups, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Book & Pen Group, Chorus, Civil Rights Team, Climate Action Group, Debate Team, Dramatics, Equine Club, Gaming Club, Gay/Straight Alliance, International Club, Literary Magazine, Math Team, Media Club, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Outing Club, Peer Tutors & Senior Mentors, Philosophy Club, Science Club, Student Council, Yearbook|
- Why choose LA
- ACADEMICS: Students, who study hard at LA, are well prepared for America`s most respected colleges and universities. With twelve outstanding AP courses and dynamic teachers who are experts in their fields, LA offers students a world-class education.
- CAMPUS: Students at LA enjoy the benefits of a safe, small town in coastal Maine but are only an hour away from the amenities and activities in Portland. The school has new science laboratories and updated classroom facilities. There is also a beautiful, modern dining commons and black box theater. A new residence hall is opening in February 2015, as is a state-of-the-art Applied Technology and Engineering Center.
- OPPORTUNITIES: With over 40 clubs, activities, and sports, students have the chance to try new things and are encouraged to follow their passions. This is a school where exciting things happen!
- PEOPLE: LA`s teachers are passionate about their subjects and value each individual student. Students excel in this positive environment. The LA family is inviting, caring, friendly,and diverse.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kirkland Grades: 5-12 | 431 students
10613 NE 38th Place
Kirkland, WA 98033
(425)822-5668 2497.6 5-12
- Mercer Island Grades: K-12 | 134 students
9655 SE 36th Street,
Mercer Island, WA 98040
(206)236-1095 2499.3 K-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.