Yellow Wood Academy
- YWA was founded in 1981 and became an accredited private school in 1993.
- We value all kinds of learners and provide highly skilled staff and instructors to help all students grow and achieve their goals.
- For 31 years, YWA has been helping students become confident, independent and lifelong learners.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||All AP Courses and Exams|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on number of course for credit hours|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kristy Szablya|
- People that viewed Yellow Wood Academy also viewed these schools: Privett Academy, University Prep, Children's Institute For Learning Differences (CHILD), St. Monica Catholic School and Americas Child Montessori.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mercer Island Grades: 7-12 | 135 students
9311 SE 36th St
Mercer Island, WA 98040
(206)232-0059 0.7 7-12
- Renton Grades: K-12 | 44 students
2640 Benson Road S
Renton, WA 98055
(425)336-3260 8.4 K-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.