Yellow Wood Academy
- YWA was founded in 1981 and became an accredited private school in 1993.
- We value all kinds of learners and provide highly skilled staff and instructors to help all students grow and achieve their goals.
- For 31 years, YWA has been helping students become confident, independent and lifelong learners.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||All AP Courses and Exams|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on number of course for credit hours|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kristy Szablya|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mercer Island Grades: 7-12 | 135 students
Po Box 42
Mercer Island, WA 98040
(206)232-0059 0.7 7-12
- Seattle Grades: 6-12 | 540 students
8000 25th Ave Ne
Seattle, WA 98115
(206)525-2714 8.6 6-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.