St. Monica Catholic School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- St. Monica Parish School offers a quality, Private Catholic School Education to children from Seattle, Bellevue, Renton, Newcastle, Mercer Island and the surrounding Puget Sound communities.
- Small class size, a talented and nurturing faculty, and challenging academics cultivate critical thinking and creativity skills in our students, while instilling moral values in a Christ-centered environment.
- St. Monica Parish School serves children in Pre-School through Grade 8.
- A STEM + the Arts Project Based Learning model, Foreign Language in all grade levels, with fine and performing arts offerings, and a weekly mass, complement the quality Catholic academic experience.
- The best way to get to know St. Monica is to come visit our campus.
- We are happy to assist you with any aspect of the admission process.
- To receive admission materials, ask a question, or schedule a visit, please call (206) 232-5432 or email email@example.com.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||205 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Marybeth Bohm, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Jamie North|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art club, Band Program, CYO Sports, Chess Club, Coding Club, Global Reading Challenge, Lego Robotics Club, Math Olympiads, Speech Team Art club, Band Program, CYO Sports, Chess Club, Coding Club, Math Olympiads, Speech Team, Global Reading Challenge,
Lego Robotics Club,
- In union with parents and guardians as the primary educators of our children, and the Archdiocese of Seattle, St. Monica Parish School promotes the Good News of Jesus Christ, as is expressed in our Catholic faith. St. Monica Parish School offers a quality, Private Catholic School Education to children from Seattle, Bellevue, Renton, Newcastle, Mercer Island and the surrounding Puget Sound communities. Small class size, a talented and nurturing faculty, and challenging academics cultivate critical thinking and creativity skills in our students, while instilling moral values in a Christ-centered environment. St. Monica Parish School serves children in Pre-School through Grade 8. A STEM + the Arts Project Based Learning model, Foreign Language in all grade levels, with fine and performing arts offerings, and a weekly mass, complement the quality Catholic academic experience.Our exceptional STEM + the Arts curriculum enriches our student`s educational journey. At each level, we introduce appropriate material in logical sequence. St. Monica School prepares the way of our youngest students by first defining and describing the destination of our oldest. We will continue to adjust the pace and the scope of our curriculum to ensure a program, excellent and exhilarating, for these young people whom we teach and with whom we learn.St. Monica Parish School will;Motivate and encourage our children to reach their highest potential by offering a challenging curriculum and a supportive environment, designed to empower them with knowledge and self-discipline.Foster a Catholic environment, providing for the growth of the whole child by focusing on spiritual, academic, physical, and moral development.Invite our children to live a life modeled on the gospel values by encouraging a life of prayer, sacraments, and service to one another and our larger community.Provide opportunities for our children to be leaders in our school and community, instilling in them the awareness that they can make a difference in our world.The best way to get to know St. Monica is to come visit our campus. We are happy to assist you with any aspect of the admission process. To receive admission materials, ask a question, or schedule a visit, please call (206) 232-5432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SeattleGrades: PK-8 | 215 students
4811 Wallingford Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
SeattleGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
10001 57th Ave S
Seattle, WA 98178
SeattleGrades: NS-8 | 119 students
900 35th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
EverettGrades: 9-12 | 505 students
12911 39th Ave SE
Everett, WA 98208
EdmondsGrades: K-8 | 231 students
Po Box 206
Edmonds, WA 98020
St. Monica Catholic School is a fantastic place to send your children. I have had two children at the school starting in Kindergarten through Middle School and have been impressed by the quality of the teachers and the strong academics. The students come out of St. Monica prepared for the educational challenges of high school. The small class size allow teachers to give individualized attention to each student while engaging them in the learning process. The STEM program encourages my kids to explore the world of science and math through hands on labs and project based learning. I truly appreciate all the excellent, caring, motivated and supportive teachers at St. Monica. The teaching staff is fantastic!
- Posted by Parent - current parent
I am a 2017 graduate and I had a great time at St. Monica. I was admitted directly to the high school Honors Program, based on my entrance exam scores, and will be on the advanced math track without ever having seen a private tutor. The small class size was not a problem and I actually feel like it was better than a huge middle school - I had to learn to deal with problems that came up with friends and classmates instead of just constantly changing friend groups. People come from all over to go to St. Monica - my friends live in Bellevue, Seattle, Issaquah, Renton, Mercer Island and Newcastle. I love that I know people no matter where I go.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - NP2017
We have been thrilled with St. Monica Parish School. The teachers are wonderful and the classes small. The school uses a rigorous STEM + the Arts based curriculum with full time Spanish, Science, Art, PE and Music teachers on staff. In addition to the regular teachers, St. Monica employs a Reading, Science and Math Specialist to work with all levels from the gifted children that may need an extra challenge, to those that need a little extra help to keep up. The parent involvement is outstanding. It seems that everyone is helping out in some way and happily. There is after school care available on regular and drop in basis, after school programs include robotics, math Olympiads, global reading challenge, chess club, beginning and advanced band and CYO athletics. There is a real sense of community at St. Monica. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend St. Monica! We were lucky to have Principal Wilson join us this year - She is an inspiring and caring leader that greets all the children by name. Our School population is 50% Mercer Island families and the rest come from Seattle, Bellevue, Issaquah, Renton, Sammamish and Kirkland.
- Posted by Parent - krist
Our son has attended St. Monica Parish School for 8 years now, and all I can say is, THIS SCHOOL IS A TRUE GEM! If you''re looking for a school that offers top-tier educational programming (Science, Technology, Math, SS, Lit/LA), in a faith-based environment, with small class instruction, you''ll find your treasure here!! Students come from all over the area (Mercer Island, Bellevue, Renton, Seattle, Issaquah, and Sammamish) to be part of this wonderful school community. We continue to be impressed with their commitment to excellence!
- Posted by Parent - jaymi
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?