Washington Private Schools
- There are 750 private schools in Washington, serving 101,219 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,363 for elementary schools and $12,024 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 83% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 27% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Founded in 1884, Annie Wright Schools are nestled in the beautiful North End neighborhood of Tacoma, Washington. Our historic campus includes an indoor pool, two gyms, science and technology labs, art and music studios, theater, outdoor gardens, play areas, athletic fields and open spaces.
Summit Christian Academy (SCA) is committed to equipping students to think well, learn fast, and apply Christian values in daily life. Our ACSI and state certified teachers are preparing students to face life's challenges with confidence.
In fall, 2015, The Bear Creek School opened a 52,000 square foot Upper School and Fine & Performing Arts Center. Designed for grades 9-12, the building echoes a collegiate environment, with a central commons and separate floors for the humanities and for math and science.
Washington Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 1 Schools13 Students54% Minority
- 2 Schools156 Students10% Minority
- 12 Schools1,734 Students36% Minority
- 7 Schools910 Students23% Minority
- 6 Schools535 Students53% Minority
- 38 Schools4,208 Students14% Minority
- 6 Schools840 Students13% Minority
- 7 Schools929 Students41% Minority
- 7 Schools481 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools180 Students25% Minority
- 9 Schools618 Students22% Minority
- 5 Schools240 Students17% Minority
- 298 Schools49,480 Students31% Minority
- 33 Schools2,831 Students16% Minority
- 3 Schools147 Students8% Minority
- 3 Schools63 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools351 Students26% Minority
- 3 Schools113 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools164 Students27% Minority
- 8 Schools537 Students31% Minority
- 2 Schools49 Students4% Minority
- 62 Schools10,050 Students24% Minority
- 5 Schools269 Students10% Minority
- 9 Schools1,037 Students45% Minority
- 68 Schools6,796 Students32% Minority
- 59 Schools8,585 Students16% Minority
- 2 Schools72 Students11% Minority
- 26 Schools2,939 Students22% Minority
- 9 Schools1,160 Students27% Minority
- 23 Schools2,651 Students14% Minority
- 6 Schools248 Students19% Minority
- 22 Schools3,031 Students33% Minority
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.