Top Washington Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 792 top private schools in Washington, serving 106,223 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,785 for elementary schools and $12,761 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 84% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 23% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
The Bear Creek School Photo - In fall, 2015, The Bear Creek School opened a 52,000 square foot Upper School and Fine & Performing Arts Center. Designed for grades 9-12, the building echoes a collegiate environment, with a central commons and separate floors for the humanities and for math and science.
Renton Preparatory Christian School Microsoft Showcase Photo - All students use Microsoft Surfaces as their primary digiatl tol for research and classwork.
Annie Wright Schools Photo - Founded in 1884, Annie Wright Schools are nestled in the beautiful North End neighborhood of Tacoma, Washington. Our historic campus includes an indoor pool, two gyms, science and technology labs, art and music studios, theater, outdoor gardens, play areas, athletic fields and open spaces.
Eastside Catholic School Photo - Our campus is situated on 50 beautiful acres and surrounded by protected wetlands and forest.
Woodinville Montessori School - North Creek Campus Photo - The main Woodinville Montessori School campus, the home of Toddler, Early Childhood (preschool), Elementary, Middle and High School classrooms, conveniently located off I-405, close to downtown Bothell, WA.
Montessori School Of Pullman Photo - Montessori School of Pullman elementary students exploring the natural environment on an all day hike.
Kapka Cooperative School Photo - KapKa strives to create lifelong learners by helping students discover their passions and intrinsic motivations. At KapKa, children explore and ask questions to find answers, as opposed to passively receiving and recalling facts. They learn-by-doing and become flexible problem solvers. KapKa educators create a safe environment, a place where children feel confident taking risks and challenging themselves.
Top Washington Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 1 Schools10 Students50% Minority
- 3 Schools187 Students14% Minority
- 13 Schools1,991 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools950 Students20% Minority
- 6 Schools497 Students11% Minority
- 40 Schools4,620 Students13% Minority
- 7 Schools879 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools36 Students25% Minority
- 7 Schools758 Students45% Minority
- 7 Schools519 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools154 Students42% Minority
- 9 Schools599 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools251 Students11% Minority
- 318 Schools52,160 Students26% Minority
- 37 Schools2,237 Students15% Minority
- 4 Schools164 Students6% Minority
- 4 Schools103 Students9% Minority
- 3 Schools373 Students17% Minority
- 3 Schools106 Students7% Minority
- 4 Schools165 Students18% Minority
- 10 Schools570 Students37% Minority
- 1 Schools26 Students15% Minority
- 62 Schools9,476 Students25% Minority
- 5 Schools254 Students13% Minority
- 13 Schools1,241 Students27% Minority
- 69 Schools7,406 Students25% Minority
- 62 Schools9,959 Students13% Minority
- 2 Schools82 Students9% Minority
- 27 Schools2,785 Students26% Minority
- 10 Schools2,459 Students18% Minority
- 23 Schools2,803 Students13% Minority
- 6 Schools259 Students15% Minority
- 23 Schools3,022 Students38% Minority
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.