Charles Wright Academy
- Charles Wright Academy is a co-educational independent school for age 3 to 12th grade, with a lower school, middle school, and upper school all on one campus.
- We are a diverse and inclusive learning community using the power of academic rigor, endless inspiration, and high expectations to help students reach their intellectual, artistic, and athletic best.
- The school's 100-acre campus is located in Tacoma, and we offer extensive bus service from Silverdale, Des Moines, Puyallup, and Olympia.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||84 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Lower School students wear uniforms.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,900|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marcia Levin|
|Admissions Associate||Erica Freund|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Service Club, Green Key Club, International Club, Knitting Club, Knowledge Bowl, Theatre Guild
- Step into our classrooms and you'll feel a sense of excitement, discovery, and innovation. Watch as lifelong learning habits and study skills are honed. Hear passionate, versatile students engage in independent thought and original expression. It's all possible in small classes with teachers who are specialists in their fields and given the time to work with each and every student.
- We offer the broadest and deepest learning experience and the support to meet higher expectations. In our classes, you'll hear as much laughter as lecturing. You'll see that college prep means building skills and confidence, not just knowledge. Even for our youngest students, we believe world languages, science labs, athletics, and arts are an absolute must.
- A child's heart and mind grow dramatically between ages 4 and 18, and our teachers are highly invested in that growth. We know students work harder for people about whom they care and in whom they trust. That's why our teachers earn their students' respect-by being trustworthy and always available.
- While virtually 100 percent of our students are college bound, a college degree is not where the journey ends. This is a challenging, rewarding, and joyous training for life! Our students earn top scores on the SAT and are accepted by the most selective schools, but we're proud the schools they choose are as diverse as our students themselves.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tacoma Grades: NS-12 | 532 students
827 N Tacoma Ave
Tacoma, WA 98403
(253)272-2216 6.2 NS-12
Charles Wright has been the perfect place for my child. She is able to be challenged academically and thrive socially. She is in the lower school and there is a great sense of community there. I highly recommend Charles Wright Academy!
- Posted by Parent - sgian
We absolutely recommend Charles Wright Academy!! Our child's experience has been great! We feel he receives great education and support.
- Posted by Parent - slaro
Our son has been going to this school since kindergarten. We love it! He is in 7th grade now and so so happy.
- Posted by Parent - audry