The Overlake School
5.00 (1 review)
The Overlake School Photo #2 - With the Library and the Technology and Language Center in the background, students pass by the Alumni Circle in the center of campus in between classes.
The Overlake School Photo #3 - A robust arts program is part of the academic day for students to study in music, visual arts, performing arts or stagecraft.
The Overlake School Photo #4 - Overlake athletic teams are abundant, competitive and provide the chance for all students to play.
The Overlake School Photo #5 - All students at Overlake participate in the school's Outdoor Program, enriching the learning experience while cultivating leadership and responsibility skills.
- The Overlake School is an independent, nonprofit, nonsectarian, coeducational day school for 522 students in grades five through 12 with a rigorous college preparatory curriculum and outstanding co-curricular programs in the arts, athletics, community service and outdoor education.
The Overlake School places among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||527 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Japanese, Latin, Physics B, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics|
|Average SAT score||1360|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$31,460|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,169|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lou Sabino|
|Admissions Associate||Margaret Marks|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Alliance Club, Chess Club, Culinary Club, Environmental Club, Film Club, French Literature Magazine, IMPACT, Junior Statesmen of America, Latin Club, Math Team, Overlake Math Olympiad, Peer Tutoring, Philanthropy Club, Student government, The Overlake Independent|
Club or Organization:
- A college prepartory, co-educational, independent school offering rigorous academic and co-curricular activities to students in grades 5 through 12th. Also offer a variety of Global Service Projects in Cambodia and Uruguay, Outdoor Education Program, Project Week, Senior Projects, and Community Service. Summer academic and sports camps available. Need-based financial aid, Malone Scholarships and Rainier Scholarships. A beautiful campus located on 75 rural acres.
- Student and Parent Interview
- Teacher Recommendation
- Previous Educational Record
- ISEE or SSAT
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: 6-12 | 540 students
8000 25th Ave Ne
Seattle, WA 98115
(206)525-2714 10.8 6-12
Overlake is an extraordinary school. My children went first to Lakeside, which was a huge disappointment. Overlake was, by far, superior in every area.
- Posted by Parent - pckel
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.