Eastside Catholic School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Eastside Catholic School is a Catholic faith-based educational community where students learn to integrate their thinking and believing in ways that encourage intellectual excellence, nurture relationships and inspire a life of leadership and service to others.
- Founded in 1980, the school is governed by an elected board of trustees.
- It is the only seven-year co-educational Catholic school east of Seattle in the Bellevue/Sammamish area, and offers a college preparatory curriculum with a wide range of courses and activities.
- The Eastside Catholic community is composed of over 930 students, more than 120 faculty and staff members and more than 3,500 alumni.
Eastside Catholic School places among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer Camp program - Costs vary by class and number of courses|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||827 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||76 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||24 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Algebra, American Literature Honors, AP American Government, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Computer Science, AP English Language and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP French, AP Human Geography, AP Literature and Composition, AP Music Theory, AP Physics B, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP United States History, AP World History, Biology Honors, British Literature Honors, Chemistry Honors, English 10 Honors, English 9 Honors, Geometry Honors, Integrated Algebra/Geometry Honors, Integrated Social Science and Humanities Honors, Physics Honors, Theology Honors, Theology Honors, Unitied States History Honors, UWHS French 103, UWHS Math 120, UWHS Spanish 103, World History Honors,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Middle School students wear uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 9 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,710|
|Tuition Notes||71% of students receive some form of tuition assistance. Average amount of tuition assistance offered in 2018-19 was $13,000.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$13,000|
|Admissions Director||James Ward|
|Admissions Associate||Bobby Kubacki|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Drill Team, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||31 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
A - Z Club, Art Club, Battle of the Books, Book Club, Coding Club, Creative Writing Club, DECA, Drama Club, Finding Kind, French Club, French National Honor Society, Geography Bee, Girl Up, Girls Who Code, Interact Fidelis, Japanese Film Arts Appreciation, Junior Statesmen of America, Key Club, Leadership Team, Mathematics Honor Society, Mathletes, Mock Trial Team, National Honor Society, Robotics Club, Rocket Club, Ski Bus, Spanish National Honor Society, Speech and Debate, Spelling Bee, Ultimate Frisbee, Young Life
- Eastside Catholic School is a Catholic faith-based educational community where students learn to integrate their thinking and believing in ways that encourage intellectual excellence, nurture relationships and inspire a life of leadership and service to others. Founded in 1980, the school is governed by an elected board of trustees. It is the only seven-year co-educational Catholic school east of Seattle in the Bellevue/Sammamish area, and offers a college preparatory curriculum with a wide range of courses and activities. The Eastside Catholic community is composed of over 930 students, more than 120 faculty and staff members and more than 3,500 alumni.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellevue Grades: NS-12 | 1037 students
1601 98th Ave Ne
Bellevue, WA 98004
(425)454-4402 8.2 NS-12
- Kirkland Grades: 5-12 | 457 students
10613 NE 38th Place
Kirkland, WA 98033
(425)822-5668 8 5-12
Eastside Catholic provides a fabulous academic education in a faith-filled environment. The students are well prepared academically and go on to attend excellent universities. The students also have many clubs and activities to choose from, like Robotics, String Orchestra, Choir, Band, Leadership, Finding Kind, Earth Corps/Green Team, Business Breakout, DECA, Junior Statesman, and more, where students can find their passion and open doors to great careers. Excellent teachers in a college-like campus
- Posted by Parent - CL
EC has been an amazing experience for our three kids who have experienced both the middle school and high school setting. The values and focus on community giving, social responsibility and academic excellence have prepared our kids for a bright future. We highly recommend EC to any prospective parent and student considering EC and have been more than pleased with the culture and experience our kids benefitted from being a part of such a wonderful community.
- Posted by Parent - Maxon House
You can't beat Eastside Catholic's college prep and student atmosphere. There are plenty of AP and Honors offerings and students can choose which ones they want to take. The kids are inclusive to everyone - no matter what friend group you're in, you're accepted by everyone. These kids work hard, but lift each other up and have fun.
- Posted by Parent - BellevueBoyMom
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.