Eastside Preparatory School
- Top Ranked WA School
- Grades: 5-12
- Students: 431 students
- Yearly Tuition: $33,500
- Acceptance rate: 41%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 6 / Jan. 15
Eastside Preparatory School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Book Club, Chess Team, Debate Team, Environmental Club, Fantasy Football Club, First Lego League Robotics, Math Team, Middle School Activities Council, Outdoor Club, Peer Mentoring, SE Technical Crew, Service Club, Spanish Conversation Table, Spoken Word Poetry Club, Student Ambassadors, The Yellow Yarn Project, US FIRST Tech Challenge Robotics Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Film Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Strong academic foundation: We provide a strong academic foundation that will allow students to succeed at the most rigorous colleges. We balance humanities, sciences, mathematics, and foreign language study. We offer performing and fine arts and PE.
- Unique Focus on Thinking: We teach our students how to think. We encourage them to ask questions, analyze information, and solve problems. We provide students with the "thinking tools" of the academic disciplines. They learn to ask, "How would a scientist approach this How would a mathematician A historian " They discover why each academic discipline poses the questions it does and when one approach is more useful than another. In this way, students develop effective strategies for any new situation.
- Integrated and Interdisciplinary: Our program is integrated because the world is. Students combine what they know and apply it in new ways and contexts. A central theme for each year provides unifying organization and allows the teaching team to create interdisciplinary studies.
- Strong Technology: We take advantage of our local high-tech culture to provide students great opportunities to learn and use advanced technologies. All Upper School students own Tablets PCs and use them in the classroom.
- Multiple Perspectives Are Key: Students learn that everything can be approached from multiple perspectives, whether those of the academic disciplines or those of people with diverse cultures and background.
- Making a Contribution: One of our goals is to prepare students to be ethical citizens through service learning. In upper school, students participate in Impact Projects based around the yearly theme. These projects are designed to empower students, encourage self-reliance, teach them to make responsible choices, and to explore new areas. EPIC, the Eastside Prep Urban Sustainability Project and Living Gallery will open in the fall of 2007.
- Yearly themes: 6th: What is the World Made of 7th: Where do we come from 8th: What does it mean to be human 9th: The Global Society 10th: The Good Society 11th: The Artistic Society 12th: The Real World
Endorse Eastside Preparatory School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards