Cedar Crest Academy Kirkland recognize that each child is a special person with a unique background and experiences, as well as distinctive emotional, social, intellectual, and physical needs and characteristics.
We also understand that each child develops differently at his or her own rate.
Children learn best and are happiest when they have a positive self-image and are in a supportive, caring environment.
This is why we are committed to creating a nurturing, stimulating, challenging, safe, and creative environment, we want the children in our program to thrive, learn, and develop to their fullest potential.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 131 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 14
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 32%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Average Class Size
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Stimulating Environment:An excitement for learning and an enthusiasm for the school experience are fostered through the dynamic theme-based and activity-centered environment found at Cedar Crest Academy. Each child is given the opportunity to experience success while being guided through a well-balanced program of individual projects, small group activities, and large group interactions. We are committed to providing a fun-filled, rewarding program that meets each child's intellectual, physical, social, creative, and emotional needs. Your child's typical day will include individual attention, gentle guidance and instruction, developmentally appropriate activities, and exposure to reading, math, science, art, music, and problem-solving challenges, all integrated with introduction to and in-depth exploration of the current curriculum theme.
- Themed Classrooms:Every classroom is themed, creating a more in-depth exploratory space. Each classroom's theme is presented through special décor and furnishings, as well as specialized learning equipment appropriate to that particular classroom (for further information please click the links below).Each classroom serves as a Homeroom to one of our classes, and throughout the day each class and its teachers journey together from one discovery-based classroom to another. This gives children the opportunity to engage in and explore each area while preventing them from being stifled and growing bored in one classroom throughout the entire day. Your child's primary teacher moves with the class from one learning station to another. This provides continuity and stability while the children are exposed to changes in their environment.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Cedar Crest Academy Kirkland?
The application deadline for Cedar Crest Academy Kirkland is Feb. 14.
Very unhappy with this school`s leadership. While there`s a focus on academics the quality of food and enrichment programs has dropped in the past two years.
Exceptional school. Our child attended from pre-K to 4th grade. The focus on academics is so softly woven into age-appropriate activities that our kids with ease learned division and complex for their age problems while cutting pizza.. By 2nd grade, the class scored 97-98% compared to national average for 2nd grades using ITBS scores, by 3d grades they easily grasp 5-7th grade curriculum. Additionally, it is not all of the academics which are superior to any other school we''ve toured, reviewed and attended (kids who went to gifted programs Qwest, etc found them less challenging after being at cedar crest) that made us stay at this school; itt is the holistic learning, the care, compassion, and curiosity that teachers enlist within their students each and every day. I have observed so many times with so many school's teachers the true passion, care, professionalism and respect to each family and every student - from a teacher who would carry a crying 3 year old that did not like the drop off, to pre-k teacher who would be reading and playing puzzles with her students while crawling on the carpet with them; to teachers in elementary school that will take the time to prepare custom assignments if they see that the student has absorbed a given topic and wants to learn more, who know their students like their own children and feel privileged that we as parents intrusted our children with them . Director knows every family if not by name but for sure by face and knows every student's name... it is an amazing school. One fee covers everything entirely - excursions, trips, books, supplies, hot and multiple fresh meals; there is an early drop off and pick up which gets your kiddos entertained and engaged in teacher-lead activities. This school has everything you as a parent might think you want from a school. I can't recommend them enough.
Endorse Cedar Crest Academy Kirkland. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Examining the Current State of Vouchers in Arizona
This comprehensive article explores the current state of voucher programs in Arizona, examining the relevant state laws, pros and cons, and their impact on education. Gain authoritative insights into the Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA) program, equity concerns, and the ongoing debate surrounding educational choice in Arizona.
Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.