The Clearwater School
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Enrollment: 88 students
- Yearly Tuition: $10,000
- Acceptance rate: 98%
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Clearwater School is a Sudbury school for kids from ages 4-19 and is located on North Creek, in Bothell, Washington. Our spacious four-acre grounds provide endless opportunities for discovery of wildlife, outdoor play and explorations of open fields, woods and creek frontage.
- Without class assignments or mandatory tests, Clearwater students explore the world guided by their own inspirations. They are the authors and directors of their education, drawing from school staff and resources as well as the offerings of the local community. They think, decide, play, talk openly with friends, investigate the world and dream. They freely pursue basketball, jewelry making, game design, role playing games, poetry or natural habitats. Learning is truly limitless.
- Like adults in the greater community, Clearwater students each have a vote. They learn how to make decisions that affect their lives. In the weekly School Meeting, students use their voices to directly influence school governance. They create rules and policies, solve problems that arise and determine the school budget.
- Clearwater students participate in a judicial system that enforces school policies and determines what to do when rules are broken. They learn to balance their individual actions with the needs and rights of the whole community. Students are required to act responsibly-including, at times, experiencing the consequences when one`s actions violate community expectations.
- Freedom is always accompanied by responsibility. From the earliest age, children make decisions about how to spend their time-reading or running, building or composing. Through simple decisions like when and what to eat or who to hang out with, children gain an internal understanding of their inclinations, preferences and abilities.
- Over the years, responsibility and freedom become habit, the foundation of action. Through self direction, Clearwater students internalize a sense of mastery. By graduation, they are prepared to take on challenges in the world at large, equipped with essential skills that are sought in today`s workplace. They trust their own voices to influence the course of their lives.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Clearwater School cost?
The Clearwater School's tuition is approximately $10,000 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of The Clearwater School?
The acceptance rate of The Clearwater School is 98%, which is higher than the national average of 85%.
When is the application deadline for The Clearwater School?
The application deadline for The Clearwater School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Clearwater School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards