- Dartmoor School provides personalized education for its students via one-to-one instruction individualized to students needs, learning styles, and the pace of their academic and intellectual progress.
- Instruction is offered in an inclusive, safe, respectful, and nurturing environment.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Other school association(s)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, dyscalculia, other unique learning profiles|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus II, Shakespeare Studies, Honors core courses (English, History, Math, Science), Students can enroll in further advanced courses tailored to individual interests and skills,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies broadly depending on the nature of an enrollment. Please contact Admissions at (425) 885-6296 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information.|
|Admissions Director||Kim Estes|
- Dori Bower founded Dartmoor School in 1990 to provide one-to-one, computer-integrated, and diagnostic-prescriptive instruction for students in grades 1 - 12. Many students experience needless frustration in school due to boredom, inadequate development of basic skills, insufficient personal attention, dissatisfaction with the social environment, scheduling conflicts, or differences in personal learning style. Dartmoor offers a friendly, effective, and learning-rich environment to ensure each student's success. Dartmoor advocates excellence in education. We believe all students can learn; we teach to each student's specific learning style and modality; we provide a warm, secure, and caring environment; and we demonstrate our sincere concern for students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kirkland Grades: 5-12 | 457 students
10613 NE 38th Place
Kirkland, WA 98033
(425)822-5668 2.3 5-12
- Bellevue Grades: PK-9 | 643 students
14640 Ne 24th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
(425)649-0791 1.1 PK-9
- Bellevue Grades: NS | 150 students
15022 Bellevue Redmond Road
Bellevue, WA 98007
(425)746-9417 1.1 NS
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.