5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (207) 445-2962
- Erskine Academy is an independent secondary school dedicated to providing all students a high quality education. Through an extensive academic program, rich and meaningful experiences, and a caring school community, the Academy develops a firm foundation in scholarship, leadership, stewardship and relationships. CORE VALUES Scholarship - A rigorous and relevant program of studies, with high standards for teaching and learning, provides students with knowledge and skills for success in high school and beyond.
- Leadership -Through positive and active engagement in school life, students learn more about themselves, discover their gifts and talents, and mentor and motivate others to strive for excellence and put forth their best effort.
- Stewardship -Through a culture of awareness and sense of responsibility, individuals are encouraged to enhance and preserve their communities-school, local, and global.
- Relationships-Through mutual respect and care, the Erskine Academy community fosters a school environment that is centered on kindness, civility, and safety and that accepts and values its members for their unique characteristics and individuality.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||560 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish, Statistics, Studio Arts, US History|
|Average SAT score||1008|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Students are to be decently, modestly, and appropriately dressed, with the primary responsibility for student appearance to be with the parents and the student. The school will exclude dress that is destructive or interferes with the educational process. )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is set by the State of Maine and is calculated in December of each year.|
|Admissions Director||Jamie Soule|
|Admissions Associate||Michael McQuarrie|
|Endowment Size||$3.1 million|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
AFS Club, EA Film Club, EA Leadership Team, Friends of Rachel Club, Future Business Leaders of America Club, Gay/Straight/Transgender Alliance, HOPE (Helping Other Persevere at Erskine) Club, International Club, Leo Club, Math Team, Peer Tutors, Physics Club, Project Graduation, Prom Committee, Speech and Debate Team, Student Council, TGIF (Teens Growing in Faith) Club, TLC (Teens Leading & Learning Through Community Service), Yearbook Club, Youth in Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Pep Band, Theatre Club
- Erskine Academy, an independent secondary school, is a community of students, alumni, parents, staff, administrators and trustees. This community is dedicated to providing students a quality education which will enable them to achieve their potential and realize their goals. In response to students' and communities' educational interests, we have expanded our educational programs, our support services and our extra-curricular offerings. Erskine Academy has become a premier educational institution offering a variety of opportunities for all to enjoy. Academically, Erskine Academy offers an intellectually challenging program intent on maximizing student potential by stimulating quality learning. The co-curricular activities of Erskine Academy strive to meet an additional purpose. Through a comprehensive offering of academic and athletic activities, the students of Erskine Academy are provided the means to become well-rounded, productive members of the community.
A great all around education. Gives all students encouragement to be the best that they can be.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Patty
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?