Hebron Academy Photo #2 - Hebron Academy students learn leadership and team skills through training with Outward Bound.
Hebron Academy Photo #6 - Does the shoe fit? Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella at Hebron Academy.
Hebron Academy Photo #7 - All students have a chance to have the Last Word through the Public Speaking program at Hebron Academy.
- Founded in 1804,Hebron Academy is a coed, college preparatory boarding and day school located in Southern Maine. With students from across the country and around the world, the welcoming community provides a sense of belonging that allows students to be the best they can be!
- The Academy offers a traditional and global academic curriculm enhanced by courses and activities in computer studies, engineering, fine and performing arts, outdoor skills and athletics.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Executive Function supports|
|Total Students||262 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 11%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP AB Calculus, AP BC Calculus, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Literature, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP US History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Neat and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 10 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$58,900|
|Tuition Notes||Contact admission@Hebronacademy.org for Middle School Rates, Day Student Rates and Financial Aid information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$25,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Jenny Ridley|
|Admissions Associate||Julie Middleton|
|Endowment Size||$32 million|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and FieldAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Mountain Biking, Mountaineering,
Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chorus, Class Officers, Community Service, Diversity Committee, Entrepreneurship Program, Etchings, Festival of the Arts, Gay/Straight Alliance, Green Key, Hebron Players, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Outdoor Education, Outing Club, Proctor Program, Rock Band, String Ensemble, Student Goverment, Student Newspaper, The Specator ( Yearbook)|
- Hebron's gorgeous 1500-acre campus is an academic village, a place where students are encouraged to fulfill their unique potential. Our students learn and grow through relationships with inspiring faculty and classmates in a friendly, supportive enviroment. Emphasis is placed on individual excellence, personal integrity, and community living.
- Newest facilities includ the 55,000 square foot Williams Athletic Center, state-of-the-art Kaneb STEM Center, upgrades to the Robinson Arena and Lepage Center for the Arts.
- The Academy is a 2.5-hour drive from Boston, Massachusetts and 50 minitues from Portland, Maine.
- School accreditations: NEASC
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethel Grades: 9-12 | 205 students
39 Church Street
Bethel, ME 04217
(207)824-7700 21.3 9-12
- Fryeburg Grades: 9-12 | 583 students
745 Main St
Fryeburg, ME 04037
(207)935-2013 32.8 9-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.