Hebron Academy Photo #2 - Hebron Academy students learn leadership and team skills through training with Outward Bound.
Hebron Academy Photo #6 - Does the shoe fit? Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella at Hebron Academy.
Hebron Academy Photo #7 - All students have a chance to have the Last Word through the Public Speaking program at Hebron Academy.
Founded in 1804,Hebron Academy is a coed, college preparatory boarding and day school located in Southern Maine. With students from across the country and around the world, the welcoming community provides a sense of belonging that allows students to be the best they can be!
The Academy offers a traditional and global academic curriculm enhanced by courses and activities in computer studies, engineering, fine and performing arts, outdoor skills and athletics.
- Top Ranked ME School
- Grades: 6-12
- Students: 262 students
- Yearly Tuition: $60,700
- Acceptance rate: 68%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 10 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild Learning Differences, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Executive Function supports
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 12%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
AP AB Calculus, AP BC Calculus, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Literature, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP US History
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
(Neat and collared shirt)
(Neat and collared shirt)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Feb. 10 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Contact admission@Hebronacademy.org for Middle School Rates, Day Student Rates and Financial Aid information.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Ms. Jenny Ridley
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Chorus, Class Officers, Community Service, Diversity Committee, Entrepreneurship Program, Etchings, Festival of the Arts, Gay/Straight Alliance, Green Key, Hebron Players, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Outdoor Education, Outing Club, Proctor Program, Rock Band, String Ensemble, Student Goverment, Student Newspaper, The Specator ( Yearbook)
- Hebron's gorgeous 1500-acre campus is an academic village, a place where students are encouraged to fulfill their unique potential. Our students learn and grow through relationships with inspiring faculty and classmates in a friendly, supportive enviroment. Emphasis is placed on individual excellence, personal integrity, and community living.
- Newest facilities includ the 55,000 square foot Williams Athletic Center, state-of-the-art Kaneb STEM Center, upgrades to the Robinson Arena and Lepage Center for the Arts.
- The Academy is a 2.5-hour drive from Boston, Massachusetts and 50 minitues from Portland, Maine.
- School accreditations: NEASC
Endorse Hebron Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.