North Yarmouth Academy
- Top Ranked ME School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Enrollment: 374 students
- Yearly Tuition: $31,325
- Acceptance rate: 70%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Pants/knee length Bermuda shorts, skirt, kilt, or dress. Collared button up shirt or turtleneck, sweater. All shirts tucked in.
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, Judiciary Committee, Key Club, KIVA Club, Literary Magazine, Make-A-Wish, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model UN, Robotics, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
AP Art Studio, AP Music Theory, Chorus, Drawing, Jazz Band, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture, Steel Band, Strings Ensemble, Studio Band, Treble Chorus, Varsity Singers, Wind Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- North Yarmouth Academy's students currently come from 40+ communities in Maine. In addition, we have a small homestay program with students from other areas of our country, as well as from countries around the globe. This program accounts for approximately 5% of our student population.
- NYA's music and arts program is second to none. All of our middle school students participate in our music and arts programs. Our upper school students must meet a visual and performing arts requirement, and over 70% of our students fulfill that requirement and continue to participate. Students can participate in a wide variety of choral groups, music ensembles and participate in our all-school musical. The school is alive with music of all kinds.
- NYA offers a very competitive athletic program, meeting the needs of all levels of athletes. Many of our teams are state champions, and we emphasize the importance of participation in an athletic program not only for competition, but for team-building, character buliding, and camaraderie.
- Our rigorous academic curriculum is supported by a committed faculty that knows each student well, supports learning styles, and encourages growth. Our faculty encourages each student to reach his or her own level of excellence.
- NYA's college counseling program is focused on helping each individual student consider a range of next-step options. We work one-on-one with every student to help each find the right fit. In any given year, virtually 100% of our graduates go on to a four-year college or university, though some take a GAP year before beginning.
- We believe that often you have to do it to learn it,and what happens outside the classroom is just as important as what happens inside.
- NYA offers a Diploma with Distinction in these areas: Music: Performance, Entrepreneurship, and Community; Global Citizenship; Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM); Social Advocacy; and Outdoor & Environmental Leadership.
- In 2014, NYA added a Lower School which now includes children 18-months to grade 4. The Lower School integrates Montessori methods through kindergarten. In the first through fourth grades, the program builds off a Montessori foundation, fostering curiosity and motivation to learn while also preparing students for an easy transition to the Middle School at NYA.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does North Yarmouth Academy cost?
North Yarmouth Academy's tuition is approximately $31,325 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of North Yarmouth Academy?
The acceptance rate of North Yarmouth Academy is 70%, which is lower than the national average of 74%.
What sports does North Yarmouth Academy offer?
North Yarmouth Academy offers 16 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Winter Track. North Yarmouth Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Maine for most sports offered.
What is North Yarmouth Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for North Yarmouth Academy?
The application deadline for North Yarmouth Academy is Feb. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse North Yarmouth Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards