Grades: NS-K | 40 students
- MLC is located in beautiful Asheville, North Carolina and has been teaching and loving children in the area for over 20 years.
- The child learns most easily in the years before age 6, and has the most to learn.
- Our program provides hands-on experiential materials designed to allow self-teaching at the childs own rate of development and interest level.
- Every challenge a child meets at this point will be a step on the path of learning.
- We aim to provide positive experience which reinforces a child's natural curiosity, determination and enthusiam.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2012-2013 3-6 Program: 5 full days: $525 4 full days: $475 3 full days: $420 2 full days: $340 5 half days: $422 Toddler Program: 5 full days: $537 4 full days: $487 3 full days: $430 2 full days: $348 5 half days: $432|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$100|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Soccer, SwimmingSoccer, Swimming,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Center Stage Pre-Ballet and TumbleBugs, Computer Pals, LANGOAsheville Spanish, Soccer Shots, YWCA Swim Computer Pals, Soccer Shots, YWCA Swim, Center Stage Pre-Ballet and TumbleBugs,
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.