- MSGH has been in continuous operation since 1964, is recognized by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI's highest form of accreditation) and is accredited by the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools.
- We currently serve more than 170 children and their families with toddler, primary, elementary, middle school and afternoon enrichment programs.
- In keeping with Montessori's call to "follow the child," our mixed-age classrooms are filled with materials that allow children to move, explore and learn independently, at their own pace, with the support and guidance of highly skilled AMI-trained teachers.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-9|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Our current tuition schedule is posted on our website www.msgh.org|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Mary McHale|
- Each classroom has one teacher and one teaching assistant; The teacher/student ratio is 1:9 when the presence of assistants is taken into account.
- Spanish language lessons will be a part of every school day for Primary and Elementary students; in our toddler classrooms, teachers will speak only English and teaching assistants will speak only Spanish to the children.
- Artist in Residence Program
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West HartfordGrades: NS-9 | 360 students
2865 Albany Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
AvonGrades: NS-8 | 115 students
150 Fisher Dr
Avon, CT 06001
WindsorGrades: NS-6 | 89 students
180 Park Ave
Windsor, CT 06095
HartfordGrades: PK-8 | 135 students
20 Clifford Street
Hartford, CT 06114
West HartfordGrades: K-9 | 210 students
100 Mayflower St
West Hartford, CT 06110
One of best Montessori schools in the Hartford Area.
- Posted by Parent - send2
MSGH is a tremendous school - The faculty are exceptional, and our diversity is truly lived daily. Children are encouraged to follow their interests and develop a love of learning and sense of self-efficacy. They are also guided and pushed and inspired...Highly, highly recommend MSGH.
- Posted by Parent - mcfla
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.