Grades: 6-12 | 3273 students
- National University Virtual High School (NUVHS) offers the premier online learning experience and strives to provide students with an opportunity to achieve academic excellence through an active, engaging and cooperative online learning environment.
- NUVHS is a private, nonprofit online secondary school that enrolls both full time students and those who prefer to attend our school part-time to supplement their onsite middle or high school program.
- Through our open enrollment format, students may start classes at any time throughout the year.
- Students may log into courses at any time where they have Internet access and are also provided with 24/7 technical support.
- NUVHS students work at flexible course completion paces, taking one or multiple semester-length courses at a time with 4-16 weeks to complete each class.
- All NUVHS courses are written to California Content Standards and National Content Area Standards, when available.
- All courses are taught by credentialed, highly-qualified subject area teachers who are specially trained to provide online instruction.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||3273 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Language and Composition A/B, AP Biology A/B, AP Calculus A/B, AP Calculus B/C, AP Chemistry A/B, AP Economics (Macro), AP European History A/B, AP Government, AP Literature and Composition A/B, AP US History A/B,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(All courses are offered online )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$295|
|Tuition Notes||Current tuition rates for the 2013-14 academic year are $295 per semester course; $375 per semester Advanced Placement (AP) course. There is a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $60. Partial, need-based scholarships are available for math and sci|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Darren Smith|
|Admissions Associate||Heather Piedrahita|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Photography Club, Mobile Apps Club, Sports & Fitness Club Photography Club,
Mobile Apps Club,
Sports & Fitness Club,
- As an affiliate of National University, NUVHS can offer academically strong students the opportunity to get a jump start on college by earning dual credit when they take classes through National University while still in middle or high school. Additionally, all NUVHS students have access to the University’s Writing Center and Math Center tutors, the Career Center, and the National University Library, one of the nation’s largest online libraries, with over 84,000 e-books and 16,500 periodicals.
- NUVHS enrolls students throughout the U.S. and internationally.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San DiegoGrades: 9-12 | 1618 students
5555 Del Mar Heights Rd
San Diego, CA 92130
EncinitasGrades: 7-12 | 157 students
1500 El Camino Real
Encinitas, CA 92024
Solana BeachGrades: PK-12 | 999 students
838 Academy Drive
Solana Beach, CA 92075
EscondidoGrades: PK-12 | 434 students
2000 North Broadway
Escondido, CA 92026
San DiegoGrades: PK-12 | 265 students
12855 Black Mountain Rd
San Diego, CA 92129
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.