Grades: NS-12 | 222 students
New Hope Academy is a richly diverse environment, racially, ethnically, and religiously. Emphasis is placed on appreciating such differences and also on experiencing one's own creative nature through the arts, music, writing, drama, and dance. Through technology, math, and science, students gain skills to navigate our world and to experience ample opportunities to explore their own talents, interests, and passions.
- New Hope Academy is a private school, fully certified by the Maryland State Department of Education, serving students in PreK3-12th grades. New Hope International High School draws students from throughout the world, offering an exceptionally well rounded education. New Hope has an excellent college-prep curriculum focused on English and Writing, Math, Science and Technology, but coupled with an aray of creative innovative electives,including Robotics, Hip-Hop Dance, Fitness, Acrylic Painting, International Development, Social Media, Music Composition and more. New Hope also includes grades K-8, and a fully licensed preschool program for ages 3-5 years.
- Located on an eight-acre campus in Landover Hills, Prince George's County, Maryland, (suburb of Washington, D.C.), this spacious former public school has school-wide Wifi, a computer lab, plus mobile tablet and lap top labs, projectors and mimeo interactive boards in every classroom.
- It also has a science lab, a Korean language studio, an art studio, library, gymnasium, and a professional quality dance studio.
- We offer before and after-school care, a summer enrichment day program for PreK and early elementary-aged students, and a wide variety of extra-curricular activities including dance and drama, martial arts and sports. New Hope is known for its academic excellence, individualized personal attention, and supporting parents in their efforts to raise a child with strong moral values and noble character.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||indivually determined by testing|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(uniform shirt and blue jeans)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||PreK-12th domestic and international student tuition ranges from $13000-$18000|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,400|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Janelle Hartley|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Track and FieldBallet, Basketball,
Flag Football, Golf,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
Track and Field
- For comprehensive information about our school, including pictures, descriptions of programs, student projects, and more, please visit our web site at www.newhopeacademy.org.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HyattsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 337 students
6801 Sheriff Road
Hyattsville, MD 20785
LandoverGrades: PK-5 | 151 students
8500 Jericho City Dr
Landover, MD 20785
HyattsvilleGrades: NS-8 | 227 students
7207 Annapolis Road
Hyattsville, MD 20784
LanhamGrades: PK-12 | 195 students
8400 Good Luck Road
Lanham, MD 20706
LandoverGrades: PK-8 | 186 students
3600 Brightseat Rd
Landover, MD 20785
We have two children currently enrolled at New Hope and have been with the school for the past 7 years. We love the nurturing environment of the school and would whole heartedly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a quality education for their children. We love that our kids are exposed to both Spanish and Korean languages in addition to their academic and arts programs. What is also advantageous is that the school offers several sport, music and arts electives so that parents don't have to enroll their kids in a separate program if they don't want to. No shuttling to and from various venues! The school allows kids to learn at their own pace while at the sme time challenging them to do their best. Most importantly they are very diverse and embrace and celebrate all races and religions while no forcing any one particular one on the kids. Kids are thought to love and respect everyone.
- Posted by Parent - Salad
Children begin learning foreign languages in grade school. General music class includes instruction in recorder, trumpet, piano and guitar. There is also a wonderful art and dance/drama program. General education includes individualized reading and math. Parental involvement is encouraged and that helps me stay connected with my child's educational growth. My whole family has had a wonderful experience at this school.
- Posted by Parent - explo
Our son has been at New Hope Academy (NHA) for three years and has had a great experience academically and socially. He came to NHA in 4th grade from a Montessori school (where he also had a wonderful experience), and he transitioned well that first year, thanks to his teacher who took the time to work with him on managing his time re: his homework and studying for tests. We have learned since then that at NHA, there are teachers like this in every grade. They take a great interest in their students, they know them and their academic capabilities, and they encourage and sometimes push them to do their best. The same is true of the rest of the staff. They truly care about the students and the cool part is that it's reciprocated. Walk down the halls and you'll see that the love is there from both sides the students' and the staff's. It's a wonderful feeling to know that when you say goodbye to your child at morning drop-off, you leave knowing that they are in good hands.
- Posted by Parent - love2
My child attends middle school at New Hope Academy. She participates in dance, drama and music. It is nice to have everything in one place. It can be very challenging as a parent to work, transport kids to various extra-curricular activities, and find time for homework. With everything in one spot she goes to the aftercare program and has homework time, then on to her practices. When we get home, many times she is almost done with her homework and we can have family time. It is fun to hear everything she is learning. She truly enjoys school and we are impressed with the curriculum, especially the Saxon Math. We are very happy to have found New Hope Academy!
- Posted by Parent - Explo
We have 2 children enrolled in NHA and have been extraordinarily pleased by the education they have received. With the low student:teacher ratio, the teachers get to know each child and family in order to work together to get the best possible outcomes from each child. In speaking with other parents who have their children in various private/public school options, I feel that my children are getting a very competitive education and are thriving at New Hope.
- Posted by Parent - Aliso
I recommend NHA. My 2 sons graduated from 8th grade, attended then the science and tech program at ERHS and one now graduated this May 2013 from Cornell University with a degree in Civil Engineering and my other son is a sophomore in Mechanical Engineering at CalTech in Pasadena, Calif.
- Posted by Parent - chris
New Hope Academy has truly enabled my three children and fostered a love for learning. The teachers are nurturing. The academics are challenging. There are strong art, music and sports programs. The high school has an international component which exposes the students to various cultures.
- Posted by Parent - hdsqu
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.