Grades: 1-12 | 19 students
- New Leaf School is an alternative school designed for learning to learn more deeply.
- We use a social skills curriculum designed in-house to strengthen each child's social and emotional functioning level.
- Individualization is the mainstay of our program, allowing the basics to be fully covered and each child access to work at his or her highest level.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADHD, ASD, SLD, Downs, SED, ODD|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,950|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition quoted is for basic services, additional surcharge is assessed for a student's particular learning assistance requirements.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ronda McDonald|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Running Club Running Club,|
- New Leaf School is uniquely structured to give the appropriate support or liberty a student needs to become a dynamic learner. Two multi-aged groups exist within this unified, intentionally-small school, a Lower School and a High School. Four work spaces are utilized during the morning learning times: a fully-supervised classroom where students do the daily assignments that reinforce learning, a monitored room where students access the computer lab while small group instruction is provided by teachers, and an independent learning area where students who have proven their ability to work unsupervised are allowed to work indepndently and collaboratively.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JacksonvilleGrades: PK-12 | 275 students
3765 San Pablo Rd S
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Neptune BeachGrades: PK-9 | 81 students
2049 Florida Blvd
Neptune Beach, FL 32266
JacksonvilleGrades: NS-12 | 732 students
5520 University Blvd W
Jacksonville, FL 32216
JacksonvilleGrades: 1-12 | 44 students
7020 Ramona Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32205
10850 Old St. Augustine Rd.
Jacksonville, FL 32257
New Leaf School for Change has been a blessing to our family in so many ways. Our son, Jordan, has been diagnosed with PPD/NOS on the Autism spectrum and before we found New Leaf, we did not have much hope for the future. The public schools were basically just a day care for him and we found a lack of connection and interest there. When we came to New Leaf, that all changed. Jordan is in the 3rd grade and has been there since the later part of his 1st grade year. He is thriving! He is learning not only academics but how to interact with others and how to succeed in life. He is taught in a manner that meets him where he is and asks him to grow and stretch himself. He is happy and healthy because of the environment and the level of care he receives. The teachers and administration all genuinely care for the children there. The sense of family and cooperation is evident on a daily basis. I have never had one bit of trouble with this school or anyone there. I''m so happy we found New Leaf and for the first time in a long time I have HOPE for Jordan's future!
- Posted by Parent - belfo
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.