Grades: 6-12 | 46 students
- The primary purpose of New Life’s Educational Programs is to prepare students to return to public or private schools so that they may complete their courses of study and obtain a diploma.
- The student must be able to function in the classroom respecting peers and staff, and must handle tasks in a responsible and competent manner.
- To accomplish these goals, New Life seeks to address problems of truancy, school phobia, disrespect, disruption, social dysfunction, responsibility avoidance, lack of credits, and academic depression.
- An educational plan is developed from an educational profile which indicates behavioral and academic needs and levels.
- Integral to this developmental plan is individual, group and family counseling.
- Critical to the student’s success is the posture of the teacher one of counselor, giving encouragement and clear direction, and one of disciplinarian motivating students and holding high expectations.
- Students are viewed as an individuals and every reasonable effort is made by the teacher to help them achieve their academic and behavioral goals.
- Small class sizes ranging from 8–13 allow teachers to give the necessary attention to the behavior and the academic performance of each student.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||4 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Tammy Moore|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HaverfordGrades: PK-12 | 981 students
450 Lancaster Ave.
Haverford, PA 19041
YardleyGrades: 6-12 | 102 students
301 Oxford Valley Rd Bldg 1701
Yardley, PA 19067
LansdaleGrades: PK-12 | 389 students
1380 S Valley Forge Rd
Lansdale, PA 19446
PottstownGrades: NS-12 | 329 students
699 N Pleasantview Rd
Pottstown, PA 19464
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.