Grades: 1-12 | 52 students
- The New Road School of Ocean County opened in December 1998 in the town of Toms River.
- We recently moved to our new facility in Lakewood, where we serve students aged 5 to 21 who are experiencing any of the following: learning disabilities, social or emotional disabilities, behavioral disabilities, and/or combinations of the above.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
National Independent Private Schools Association
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- As a private school approved by the New Jersey Department of Education, the New Road School of Ocean County's program adheres to the state's CCCS (Core Curriculum Content Standards) regarding implementation of IEP goals and objectives for students with disabilities.
- We design our programs to focus on the specific learning strengths and needs of each child. Because we individualize our programs, we're able to meet each student at whatever level he or she performs. Small classes, personal attention, and a positive learning experience are the hallmarks of the New Road School.
- As the student builds on classroom successes, those achievements lead to a healthier self-esteem. Our students feel good about themselves. They develop confidence in their abilities as students and as individuals.
Profile last updated: 08/27/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HowellGrades: 3-12 | 57 students
38 Arnold Blvd
Howell, NJ 07731
BayvilleGrades: 5-12 | 39 students
160 Atlantic City Blvd
Bayville, NJ 08721
BelmarGrades: 2-12 | 116 students
Po Box 1403
Belmar, NJ 07719
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.