Grades: 1-12 | 52 students
- The New Road School of Ocean County opened in December 1998 in the town of Toms River.
- We recently moved to our new facility in Lakewood, where we serve students aged 5 to 21 who are experiencing any of the following: learning disabilities, social or emotional disabilities, behavioral disabilities, and/or combinations of the above.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
National Independent Private Schools Association
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- As a private school approved by the New Jersey Department of Education, the New Road School of Ocean County's program adheres to the state's CCCS (Core Curriculum Content Standards) regarding implementation of IEP goals and objectives for students with disabilities.
- We design our programs to focus on the specific learning strengths and needs of each child. Because we individualize our programs, we're able to meet each student at whatever level he or she performs. Small classes, personal attention, and a positive learning experience are the hallmarks of the New Road School.
- As the student builds on classroom successes, those achievements lead to a healthier self-esteem. Our students feel good about themselves. They develop confidence in their abilities as students and as individuals.
Profile last updated: 08/27/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BelmarGrades: 2-12 | 116 students
Po Box 1403
Belmar, NJ 07719
HowellGrades: 3-12 | 57 students
38 Arnold Blvd
Howell, NJ 07731
BayvilleGrades: 5-12 | 39 students
160 Atlantic City Blvd
Bayville, NJ 08721
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.