Grades: 9-12 | 413 students
- For more than a century Notre Dame Academy has provided a focused educational environment, challenging girls and young women to learn to their full capacities - an achievement greater than their times and their societies sometimes thought possible.
- Notre Dame Academy was founded in 1903 by smart, independent, powerful women, the Sisters of the Congregation of Notre Dame (CNDs).
- These women refused to accept the stereotypes about what girls could or should learn.
- Mother St. Patricia with Class 1961 NDA has always provided a complete academic program, including physics and geometry; and has sought to cultivate girls' physical and athletic abilities.
- NDA students were prepared for college at a time when that was still a radical idea as the norm for young women.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||413 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Staten IslandGrades: 9-12 | 570 students
100 Merrill Ave
Staten Island, NY 10314
NewarkGrades: PK-11 | 70 students
4 Fleming Ave
Newark, NJ 07105
SomersetGrades: PK-12 | 691 students
1345 Easton Ave
Somerset, NJ 08873
Jersey CityGrades: 7-12 | 230 students
2572 Kennedy Boulevard
Jersey City, NJ 07304
EdisonGrades: 9-12 | 886 students
1 Tingley Ln
Edison, NJ 08820
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.