Grades: NS-PK | 44 students
- Lowry is Oakland University's Child Development Laboratory providing high quality early childhood educational programs for children from 18 months up to 5 years 11 months.
- Lowry offers full and half day programs along with part week and full week schedules.
- Lowry's full time and substitute teaching staff are required to hold a bachelor's degree in early childhood or elementary education.
- Six of twelve full time Lowry teachers hold Master's degrees.
- Every Lowry classroom is staffed with one Master's level and one Bachelor's level teacher.
- Lowry offers low teacher to child ratios and a play based curriculum focused on the individual developmental needs and interests of the child.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Inclusive Setting|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(come dressed to play)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,970|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on a 39 week five full day (9am to 4pm) per week school year from September to Mid June. Two and three day schedules and half day schedules are also available. Before and after care is also available on an as needed basis from 7:30-9am a|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Holly S McFaul|
- The ONLY Child Development University Based Preschool in Oakland County.
- Bachelor's and Master's Level Teacher in Each Classroom.
- Low Teacher to Child Ratios
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Rochester HillsGrades: PK-5 | 185 students
1263 S Adams Rd
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Bloomfield HillsGrades: K-9 | 479 students
3691 Lincoln Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
BirminghamGrades: K-9 | 370 students
680 Harmon St
Birmingham, MI 48009
Bloomfield HillsGrades: PK-2 | 40 students
2101 Opdyke Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Rochester HillsGrades: PK-8 | 98 students
3976 S Livernois Rd
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.