Grades: PK-8 | 311 students
- Our Mother of Sorrows has a rich education history.
- Since the very beginning, the Sisters of Mercy instructed the children of the parish in small classes.
- The school began with just twenty three students who were instructed in the three R's as well as the teachings of Christ.
- Over the years, enrollment continued to grow which prompted the construction of a new, state-of-the-art school.
- Construction was completed in 1958.
- Throughout the years Our Mother of Sorrows has graduated almost three thousand students.
- The school has become a very important part of the local community.
- Not only has OMOS been a leader in education, it has also set the standard for academic excellence that other schools strive to emulate.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||311 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,300|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JohnstownGrades: PK-8 | 164 students
1621 Ferndale Ave
Johnstown, PA 15905
JohnstownGrades: NS-PK | 120 students
3429 Elton Road Johnstown Pa 15904
Johnstown, PA 15904
Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic School, Johnstown, PA . Children learn best when they are in an environment where they feel loved and respected. Unprofessional behavior can impact the respect and welfare of children, parents. Parents need to leave feeling that their child is in a safe, loving.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - westa
Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic School, Johnstown, PA. Children learn best when they are in an environment where they feel loved and respected. Parents need to leave feeling that their child is in a respect, loving.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - fsdwe
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.