|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||500 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2015-2016 Tuition $16,250 - $29,00|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,500|
|Admissions Director||Meghan Albanese|
|Admissions Associate||Dorothea Cvelbar|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Field Hockey,
Flag Football, Golf,
- Palm Beach Day Academy is Florida’s first independent school. We serve children age 2 through ninth grade on two campuses in Palm Beach County.
- 98% of students attend their first-choice secondary school and the largest percentage continue to the nation’s ‘Most Competitive’ colleges, including the Ivy League. (Source: Barron’s Guide to the Most Competitive Colleges)
- Our teachers are among the best in the nation: 80% hold Master’s degrees and more than a third have studied at Harvard’s Project Zero. Teachers emphasize critical thinking and provide freedom for students to apply concepts in personally meaningful ways. There is a 6:1 school-wide student to teacher ratio and two full-time, fully qualified teachers in each classroom age 2 through 3rd grade.
- Palm Beach Day Academy can accommodate students with a variety of abilities. A well-defined, challenging and flexible curriculum allows many students to work above grade level.
- An intentional public speaking and writing program begins at age 2. A Museum Partnership Program and China Partnership Program are just two of many unique programs students experience at Palm Beach Day Academy. We are a family school where students develop critical thinking, confidence and integrity.
Profile last updated: 09/15/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West Palm BeachGrades: NS-12 | 708 students
8350 Okeechobee Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
Boca RatonGrades: K-12 | 580 students
9701 Donna Klein Blvd
Boca Raton, FL 33428
Boca RatonGrades: NS-12 | 282 students
336 NW Spanish River Blvd
Boca Raton, FL 33431
North Palm BeachGrades: NS-12 | 1081 students
11000 Ellison Wilson Road
North Palm Beach, FL 33408
Boca RatonGrades: PK-8 | 894 students
2700 Saint Andrews Blvd
Boca Raton, FL 33434
|5.0 Stars 05/17/16|
Rich in tradition, PBDA strives for excellence and gives children the skills to excel academically, in sports, and in the arts. The one on one attention, openness, and constant interaction between facility and parents is an additional bonus. A true academic community, we can't imagine our children at any other school in southeast FLA.
- Posted by Parent - linda
|5.0 Stars 07/27/12|
PBDA is considered by many, as the best independent school in Florida, as its origins stem from founding Northeastern families, who wintered on the island many generations ago and whose high educational standards set the foundation for its current reputation as rigorous, yet balanced with sports and arts, as well as diverse demographics with a respect for tradition. Matriculation to the best New England Boarding Schools is common, as PBDA is one of the most well respected schools in this region of the country.
- Posted by Parent - deedy
|5.0 Stars 07/27/12|
PBDA has one focus, The Children(students)! From Pre-K thru 9th grade, they provide the highest quality learning experience/environment in the Palm Beaches. From student/teacher ratio to National award winning Academic programs to Family focus and tradition, PBDA delivers the total package.
- Posted by Parent - rober