- Peninsula Heritage School is nestled on a spacious three-acre campus on the beautiful Palos Verdes Peninsula, which borders the Pacific Ocean south of Los Angeles.
- Our California ranch style buildings provide an idyllic setting for children to enjoy a safe, individual-centered learning community that allows for a memorable childhood.
- Our students are immersed through academics and the arts in small classes and full days, with exceptional teachers who are passionate about educating children.
- As you walk our lovely campus, you will discover a warm and loving school where children and adults are honored and esteemed.
- At PHS we embrace diversity in both learning styles and backgrounds.
- Every student at Peninsula Heritage has the opportunity to reach his/her potential while maintaining a sense of individuality.
- We achieve this through our small class sizes, our specialty teachers, and our enrichment programs for advanced learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||106 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Art Programs, After School Team Sports, Chess Club, Choir, Kids Club, Music Lessons, Student Council Chess Club, Choir, Kids Club, Music Lessons, After School Art Programs,
After School Team Sports,
- HISTORY Established in 1961 The school's founders began with the concept of opening a school that would support the dignity and worth of each individual. They selected the beautiful, country-like location at Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in the City of Rolling Hills Estates, CA. A distinctive characteristic of the School has been its loving and positive environment. Visitors to our campus frequently remark, "These students are so happy - and their teachers are too!" Peninsula Heritage School emphasizes the development of the whole child and of ethical character. It promotes acceptance and appreciation of diversity and provides a strong academic program that assesses and supports the individual needs of each child.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Rolling Hills EstatesGrades: K-8 | 412 students
26444 Crenshaw Blvd
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
Palos Verdes PeninsulaGrades: K-12 | 835 students
26800 Academy Drive
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
Redondo BeachGrades: PK-8 | 158 students
525 Earle Lane
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
LomitaGrades: K-12 | 35 students
26366 Hillcrest Ave
Lomita, CA 90717
Rancho Palos VerdesGrades: PK-6 | 238 students
31100 Hawthorne Blvd
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
After having a child at the local public school for several years, and visiting every private school in the area, I chose Peninsula Heritage for both my children and have never looked back. There is no school that I know of that offers all that PHS does: a top notch academic program that is individualized for each child, a creative and innovative P.E. program, spectacular science, computer, library and performing arts programs, and a warm, nurturing and dedicated principal and staff. When you walk on that campus, you and your children will never want to leave!
- Posted by Parent - rmlgb