Grades: PK-8 | 258 students
- Since 1925, Peninsula's mission has been to provide a child-centered education community that promotes the development of the whole child.
- Teachers and parents work together to foster creativity, independence, joy of learning, personal responsibility, and self-esteem as well as academic excellence.
- The success of this mission has depended upon the creation of an "extended family" of children, faculty, and parents.
- Teachers and parents provide the guidance, trust and unconditional support necessary for children to experiment and learn about themselves and their world.
- The school's goals are to help children build a positive self-image; to help children grow in all areas: perceptually, intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically; and to nourish children's natural creativity and desire to learn through a wide variety of experiences. Peninsula School is a member of the Progressive School Network.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||258 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,660|
|Tuition Notes||Nursery: $14980. Three tuition payment plans are offered.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Lou Lacina|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, Winter TrackBasketball, Track and Field,
- Scheduled meeting with Admissions Director is required. Optional is attending a Thursday tour and/or Kindergart and Nursery Open House.
- Submitting application - due January 17, 2017.
- Evaluations, testing, school reports, confidential teacher reports due January 17, 2017
- Financial aid applications due January 31, 2017. Tax forms due February 28, 2017.
- Nursery applicants visit Saturday, January 28, 2017. Kindergarten applicants visit Saturday, February 4, 2017. 1st - 8th grade students invited to visit classes in the month of February.
- Interviews for selected parents begin the end of February 2017.
- Decision letters mailed March 9, 2016.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Menlo ParkGrades: K-8 | 160 students
50 Terminal Ave
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Palo AltoGrades: K-8 | 324 students
2890 Middlefield Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Menlo ParkGrades: K-8 | 277 students
1250 Laurel Street
Menlo Park, CA 94025
OaklandGrades: K-8 | 392 students
116 Montecito Ave
Oakland, CA 94610
OaklandGrades: NS-5 | 85 students
5000 Macarthur Blvd
Oakland, CA 94613
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.