Grades: PK-8 | 258 students
Since 1925, Peninsula's mission has been to provide a child-centered education community that promotes the development of the whole child.
Teachers and parents work together to foster creativity, independence, joy of learning, personal responsibility, and self-esteem as well as academic excellence.
The success of this mission has depended upon the creation of an "extended family" of children, faculty, and parents.
Teachers and parents provide the guidance, trust and unconditional support necessary for children to experiment and learn about themselves and their world.
The school's goals are to help children build a positive self-image; to help children grow in all areas: perceptually, intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically; and to nourish children's natural creativity and desire to learn through a wide variety of experiences.
Peninsula School is a member of the Progressive School Network.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||258 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,660|
|Tuition Notes||Nursery: $14980. Three tuition payment plans are offered.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Lou Lacina|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, Winter TrackBasketball, Track and Field,
- Scheduled meeting with Admissions Director is required. Optional is attending a Thursday tour and/or Kindergart and Nursery Open House.
- Submitting application - due January 17, 2017.
- Evaluations, testing, school reports, confidential teacher reports due January 17, 2017
- Financial aid applications due January 31, 2017. Tax forms due February 28, 2017.
- Nursery applicants visit Saturday, January 28, 2017. Kindergarten applicants visit Saturday, February 4, 2017. 1st - 8th grade students invited to visit classes in the month of February.
- Interviews for selected parents begin the end of February 2017.
- Decision letters mailed March 9, 2016.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Menlo ParkGrades: K-8 | 160 students
50 Terminal Ave
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Menlo ParkGrades: K-8 | 277 students
1250 Laurel Street
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Palo AltoGrades: K-8 | 324 students
2890 Middlefield Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94306
OaklandGrades: NS-5 | 85 students
5000 Macarthur Blvd
Oakland, CA 94613
BelmontGrades: PK-5 | 389 students
2200 Carlmont Dr
Belmont, CA 94002
October 20, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.