Grades: PK-8 | 258 students
Peninsula School creates a space where children thrive and develop their full promise as confident contributors in the world. Here they learn about themselves and others, discovering their passions and growing intellectually in an inclusive community rich with choices, exploration, and play.
Since 1925, Peninsula's mission has been to provide a child-centered education community that promotes the development of the whole child.
Teachers and parents work together to foster creativity, independence, joy of learning, personal responsibility, and self-esteem as well as academic excellence.
The success of this mission has depended upon the creation of an "extended family" of children, faculty, and parents.
Teachers and parents provide the guidance, trust and unconditional support necessary for children to experiment and learn about themselves and their world.
The school's goals are to help children build a positive self-image; to help children grow in all areas: perceptually, intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically; and to nourish children's natural creativity and desire to learn through a wide variety of experiences.
Peninsula School is a member of the Progressive School Network.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||258 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,860|
|Tuition Notes||Nursery: $13620. Three tuition payment plans are offered.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,222|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Lou Lacina|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
- Scheduled meeting with Admissions Director is required. Optional is attending a Thursday tour.
- Submitting application - due January 15, 2016.
- Evaluations, testing, school reports, confidential teacher reports due January 15, 2016.
- Financial aid applications due January 31, 2030. Tax forms due February 28, 2016.
- Nursery applicants visit Saturday, January 23, 2016. Kindergarten applicants visit Saturday, January 30, 2016. 1st - 8th grade students invited to visit classes in the month of February.
- Parent Interviews begin February 29, 2016.
- Decision letters mailed March 9, 2016.
Profile last updated: 09/21/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Menlo ParkGrades: K-8 | 160 students
50 Terminal Ave
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Palo AltoGrades: K-8 | 324 students
2890 Middlefield Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Menlo ParkGrades: K-8 | 277 students
1250 Laurel Street
Menlo Park, CA 94025
OaklandGrades: K-8 | 373 students
3245 Sheffield Avenue
Oakland, CA 94602
BelmontGrades: PK-5 | 389 students
2200 Carlmont Dr
Belmont, CA 94002