Grades: PK-8 | 258 students
Since 1925, Peninsula's mission has been to provide a child-centered education community that promotes the development of the whole child.
Teachers and parents work together to foster creativity, independence, joy of learning, personal responsibility, and self-esteem as well as academic excellence.
The success of this mission has depended upon the creation of an "extended family" of children, faculty, and parents.
Teachers and parents provide the guidance, trust and unconditional support necessary for children to experiment and learn about themselves and their world.
The school's goals are to help children build a positive self-image; to help children grow in all areas: perceptually, intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically; and to nourish children's natural creativity and desire to learn through a wide variety of experiences. Peninsula School is a member of the Progressive School Network.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||258 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,660|
|Tuition Notes||Nursery: $14980. Three tuition payment plans are offered.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Lou Lacina|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, Winter TrackBasketball, Track and Field,
- Scheduled meeting with Admissions Director is required. Optional is attending a Thursday tour and/or Kindergart and Nursery Open House.
- Submitting application - due January 17, 2017.
- Evaluations, testing, school reports, confidential teacher reports due January 17, 2017
- Financial aid applications due January 31, 2017. Tax forms due February 28, 2017.
- Nursery applicants visit Saturday, January 28, 2017. Kindergarten applicants visit Saturday, February 4, 2017. 1st - 8th grade students invited to visit classes in the month of February.
- Interviews for selected parents begin the end of February 2017.
- Decision letters mailed March 9, 2016.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Menlo ParkGrades: K-8 | 160 students
50 Terminal Ave
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Menlo ParkGrades: K-8 | 277 students
1250 Laurel Street
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Palo AltoGrades: K-8 | 324 students
2890 Middlefield Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94306
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 643 students
1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
OaklandGrades: K-8 | 306 students
360 42nd St
Oakland, CA 94609
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.