Grades: PK-12 | 815 students
- Providence Academy is a private, Catholic college-preparatory school located at 15100 Schmidt Lake Road in Plymouth, a western suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Three schools under one roof, Providence Academy serves Pre-kindergarten through fifth grade with its lower school, sixth through eighth grade with its middle school and ninth through twelfth grade with its high school or upper school.
- Rigorous academics are combined with faith and character development to prepare students' minds and spirits for life outside the classroom.
- The words, "faith, knowledge and virtue", best express the mission and philosophy of Providence Academy.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||815 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||78 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Biology, Advanced Chemistry, Advanced Physics, Calculus II, College Latin Poetry, College Latin Prose, Honors Algebra I, Honors Algebra II, Honors Biology, Honors Calculus, Honors Geometry and Trigonometry, Honors Physics, Honors Pre-Calculus|
|Average SAT score||1207|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17 / Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,855|
|Tuition Notes||2016-2017 Tuition: PreK: $7,892 half day ($10,345 full day) K: $10,345 Grades 1-3: $12,415 Grades 4-5: $14,485 Grades 6-8: $17,517 Grades 9-12: $19,277|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Josh Anderson|
|Admissions Associate||Sally Nathe|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Diving,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Nordic Skiing, Sailing,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boys Lacrosse, Business Club, Campus Ministry, Dead Directors Society, Drama/Theater, House System, Industrial Arts Club, Lincoln Society, Lions for Life, Math League, National Honors Society, Peer Tutoring, Sailing Club, Science Olympiad, Ski/Snowboard Club, Speech/Debate, Spirit Squad (Cheer), Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Theater Council and Drama Club, Writing Club Boys Lacrosse, Business Club, Drama/Theater, House System, Lions for Life, Math League, Peer Tutoring, Sailing Club, Speech/Debate, Writing Club, Campus Ministry,
Dead Directors Society,
Industrial Arts Club,
National Honors Society,
Spirit Squad (Cheer),
Theater Council and Drama Club,
- "I loved my time at Providence Academy, but I didn't realize how unique the school is until after I graduated...I found that I was more secure in my faith than the majority of my friends who went to other parochial schools, I was more prepared for the academic rigor of college than most of my friends who went to prestigious preparatory schools, and I was more able to make sound decisions and more capable of living on my own than nearly every one of my peers. I could not be more grateful for Providence's dedication to `Faith, Knowledge, and Virtue,` as the commitment not only to academic development, but spiritual and moral development as well, truly prepared me for the world outside our beautiful yellow halls". a Providence graduateProvidence Academy seeks to enroll a student body that is:Committed to learningOf strong moral characterMulti-talented with a variety of interestsEnthusiastic about a faith-centered communityInterested in developing themselves to the fullest in faith, knowledge, and virtueTo be successful in the college-prep rigor at Providence Academy, admissions standards require students to have a transcript or report card showing academics at grade level or above. Students are expected to have a history of positive behavior. Siblings of current students are given priority placement if applications are received by the first round deadline in mid-January.Admission CriteriaThe Admissions Committee takes the following into consideration when evaluating students for admission*: aptitudeacademic achievement and readinessemotional and social developmentmotivationinterests, talents and extra-curricular activities and achievementscooperation from the family in helping the school meet the needs of the studentability of the school to meet the needs of the studentcommitment of the student and the family to Christian education and formation*Pre-Kindergarten students must have reached the age four by September 1 of the year of enrollment.An applicant`s admissions file must have the following items to be considered complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee: Parent and student application with $100 application fee (waived for online applications)Transcript or report cards from the last two years**Teacher recommendation/s** (one from a current teacher for grades Pre-K -5th; one from a Math plus one from an English teacher for grades 6 and above)Parent and student interviewAssessment/Entrance exam (Providence Academy assessment for grades Pre-K-5th; ISEE testing for grades 6 and above)To apply for admission, click here.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Eden PrairieGrades: NS-12 | 344 students
6385 Beach Rd
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 224 students
900 Forestview Lane North
Minneapolis, MN 55441
MinnetonkaGrades: K-12 | 126 students
3520 Williston Rd
Minnetonka, MN 55345
MinneapolisGrades: NS-12 | 895 students
3100 West River Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55406
MinneapolisGrades: PK-8 | 279 students
2344 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Providence Academy is such an incredible place. I attended PA for my high school years and was deeply impacted by their mission of educating the "Whole Person" through faith, knowledge and virtue. Not only did I receive a top-notch, college-prep education, but I also received so many other valuable things that helped develop my character and faith. These lessons will continue to impact my daily life for many years to come. I cannot wait to send my own children to Providence someday so that they can experience the same incredible education and formation that I received while attending this school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jenm3
Simply put, I could not even begin to imagine my children at any other school. It is an excellent college preparatory school with excellent teachers and many choices, beyond just sports, to fit every child. We recently moved from a town and home we loved just to be closer to Providence. We have a child in each the lower, middle and upper schools. Not only are the academics excellent, but Providence goes beyond just book teaching. It teaches the whole person. I truly believe that my children are becoming not only educated in mind, but also in body and soul by attending this school. It is so heart warming to have a school that I not only feel comfortable with, but look forward to sending my children to everyday that teaches and embodies the same values we do in our home. It is not just me and my husband, my children love this school, too. My youngest son is new this year to Providence. Last year he would regularly complain about going to school. This year not only has he not complained, but also asked if he had to miss school for a cold. When I told him no, only if he had a fever, he replied with relief, "oh good!" What a great feeling as a parent!!
- Posted by Parent - kpalo
Providence Academy has been a God send to our family. True to its mission of faith, knowledge and virtue, our children have grown tremendously at PA.
- Posted by Parent - zilly
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.