Grades: 7-12 | 96 students
- Provo Canyon School specializes in treating adolescent boys and girls, ages twelve through seventeen, who have the capability for normal functioning but are not meeting expectations.
- These adolescents are manifesting emotional, behavioral and learning difficulties and have been unresponsive to out-patient counseling or previous in-patient psychiatric or substance abuse programs.
- Provo Canyon School offers a proven method of turning around the lives of young people beset by emotional and behavioral problems.
- Our caring, multidisciplinary professionals operate in a unique environment which can help make a positive difference in a troubled teenager’s life.
- At Provo Canyon School we believe that children thrive on a clear understanding of what is expected of them.
- Our expectations are based upon the philosophy that youth must take responsibility for their actions or inactions.
- They must also show consideration and respect for others.
- This philosophy is evident in all areas of campus life; from the cleanliness and order of personal belongings to daily interactions with staff and peers.
- We also expect students to achieve their highest potential in academics while they work on the issues that resulted in placement at Provo Canyon School.
- At Provo Canyon School we are committed to providing an environment conducive to success.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Spanish ForkGrades: 8-12 | 64 students
2172 East 7200 South
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
ProvoGrades: PK-8 | 122 students
1598 W 820 N
Provo, UT 84601
DraperGrades: 9-12 | 790 students
300 East 11800 South
Draper, UT 84020
Salt Lake CityGrades: K-12 | 119 students
184 E Vine Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.