Utah Private Schools
- There are 175 private schools in Utah, serving 20,831 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,976 for elementary schools and $10,765 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 83% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 10:1.
Snowboarding and Skiing Program Dedicated to the development of skiers and snowboarders of all abilities, the Wasatch Academy Ski and Snowboard Program focuses on producing top-level athletes of good character with high academic standing. This nationally ranked program trains on Wasatch Academy's private snowboard park and mountain featuring wall rides, a cabin quarter-pipe, rails, boxes, and slalom and giant slalom
“Blessed Sacrament has developed a model comprehensive Character Education (CE) program,” said Penny Keith, Community of Caring program coordinator, in a news release. “Their Holocaust unit, art project and Alzheimer’s Buddy project all reflect a commitment from everyone associated with Blessed Sacrament — students, staff and parents alike — toward an inclusionary atmosphere.” The program, sponsored by the Community of Caring and the Character Education Partnership (CEP), recognizes schools for their accomplishments in character education based on 11 core principles. Those principles include regular assessment of learning environments, providing a challenging curriculum, working with families and the community, and being proactive in building students’ character and self-motivation.
Intermountain Christian School is conveniently located at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains in Salt Lake City and offers classes Preschool (3 years old) through 12th grade.
Utah Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 4 Schools108 Students31% Minority
- 5 Schools318 Students17% Minority
- 14 Schools961 Students26% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students18% Minority
- 2 Schools78 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools40 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools41 Students31% Minority
- 1 Schools26 Students23% Minority
- 89 Schools13,536 Students23% Minority
- 1 Schools20 Students94% Minority
- 1 Schools312 Students24% Minority
- 4 Schools106 Students27% Minority
- 6 Schools611 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools265 Students38% Minority
- 1 Schools114 Students11% Minority
- 19 Schools2,168 Students12% Minority
- 7 Schools446 Students31% Minority
- 1 Schools55 Students15% Minority
- 13 Schools1,551 Students25% Minority
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.