Top Utah Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 185 top private schools in Utah, serving 21,072 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,766 for elementary schools and $13,834 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 84% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 10:1.
Heritage Photo - An aerial image of the 19-acre Heritage Community clinically designed to prepare students to return to their home communities.
Grace Lutheran School Photo - Grace Lutheran provides a relaxing and secure environment for learning.
Reid School Photo - Why is Reid School the best choice? Highest ranked reading/writing program for notable effects . . . Inexpensive . . . Small class sizes . . . Large faculty . . . Every second of time used with effective instruction in a broad array of choices . . . Hands-on experiences . . . Everyone masters.
Rowland Hall Photo - Rowland Hall offers a personalized, intellectually stimulating educational program for college-bound students, from preschool through high school. When you choose Rowland Hall for your child, you can feel sure that he or she will be known and nurtured, whether starting school for the first time or excelling in the later grades.
Intermountain Christian School Photo - Intermountain Christian School is conveniently located at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains in Salt Lake City and offers classes Preschool (3 years old) through 12th grade.
Arches Academy Photo - The Head of School hike is a beloved tradition from the first weeks of school! The whole school gathers to hike up beautiful Big Springs canyon and eat lunch together, play games, and get to know each other and their teachers! The preschool class pictured here loved their adventure on the trail and especially their treat--cookies!
Top Utah Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 4 Schools134 Students20% Minority
- 4 Schools218 Students23% Minority
- 14 Schools984 Students24% Minority
- 1 Schools34 Students32% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools23 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools58 Students30% Minority
- 1 Schools25 Students23% Minority
- 90 Schools13,490 Students21% Minority
- 2 Schools42 Students67% Minority
- 1 Schools333 Students51% Minority
- 4 Schools91 Students27% Minority
- 6 Schools525 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools316 Students44% Minority
- 1 Schools131 Students10% Minority
- 20 Schools2,220 Students18% Minority
- 1 Schools24 Students8% Minority
- 12 Schools1,037 Students27% Minority
- 1 Schools55 Students18% Minority
- 15 Schools1,414 Students26% Minority
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.