Top Utah Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 184 top private schools in Utah, serving 21,481 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,936 for elementary schools and $7,690 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 84% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 10:1.
Rowland Hall Photo - Rowland Hall offers a personalized, intellectually stimulating educational program for college-bound students, from preschool through high school. When you choose Rowland Hall for your child, you can feel sure that he or she will be known and nurtured, whether starting school for the first time or excelling in the later grades.
St Andrew Catholic School Photo - 1st and 4th graders celebrate Johnny Appleseed day by making applesauce!
Juan Diego Catholic High School Photo - Juan Diego's 56 acre campus is 20 minutes from ski canyons and Salt Lake City.
Blessed Sacrament School Photo - “Blessed Sacrament has developed a model comprehensive Character Education (CE) program,” said Penny Keith, Community of Caring program coordinator, in a news release. “Their Holocaust unit, art project and Alzheimer’s Buddy project all reflect a commitment from everyone associated with Blessed Sacrament — students, staff and parents alike — toward an inclusionary atmosphere.” The program, sponsored by the Community of Caring and the Character Education Partnership (CEP), recognizes schools for their accomplishments in character education based on 11 core principles. Those principles include regular assessment of learning environments, providing a challenging curriculum, working with families and the community, and being proactive in building students’ character and self-motivation.
Canyon School for the Arts Photo - Boys and girls enjoyed learning about their brain this summer at Canyon School for the Arts.
Top Utah Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 4 Schools134 Students20% Minority
- 4 Schools218 Students23% Minority
- 14 Schools984 Students24% Minority
- 1 Schools34 Students32% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools23 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools58 Students30% Minority
- 1 Schools25 Students23% Minority
- 89 Schools13,872 Students21% Minority
- 2 Schools42 Students67% Minority
- 1 Schools333 Students51% Minority
- 4 Schools91 Students27% Minority
- 6 Schools515 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools316 Students44% Minority
- 1 Schools131 Students10% Minority
- 21 Schools2,330 Students18% Minority
- 1 Schools24 Students8% Minority
- 12 Schools1,033 Students27% Minority
- 1 Schools55 Students18% Minority
- 15 Schools1,414 Students26% Minority
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.