Top Utah Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 184 top private schools in Utah, serving 21,481 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,936 for elementary schools and $7,690 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 84% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 10:1.
Wasatch Academy Photo - Snowboarding and Skiing Program Dedicated to the development of skiers and snowboarders of all abilities, the Wasatch Academy Ski and Snowboard Program focuses on producing top-level athletes of good character with high academic standing. This nationally ranked program trains on Wasatch Academy's private snowboard park and mountain featuring wall rides, a cabin quarter-pipe, rails, boxes, and slalom and giant slalom
Reid School Photo - Why is Reid School the best choice? Highest ranked reading/writing program for notable effects . . . Inexpensive . . . Small class sizes . . . Large faculty . . . Every second of time used with effective instruction in a broad array of choices . . . Hands-on experiences . . . Everyone masters.
Blessed Sacrament School Photo - “Blessed Sacrament has developed a model comprehensive Character Education (CE) program,” said Penny Keith, Community of Caring program coordinator, in a news release. “Their Holocaust unit, art project and Alzheimer’s Buddy project all reflect a commitment from everyone associated with Blessed Sacrament — students, staff and parents alike — toward an inclusionary atmosphere.” The program, sponsored by the Community of Caring and the Character Education Partnership (CEP), recognizes schools for their accomplishments in character education based on 11 core principles. Those principles include regular assessment of learning environments, providing a challenging curriculum, working with families and the community, and being proactive in building students’ character and self-motivation.
The Waterford School Photo - The 40-acre campus is located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains in Sandy, Utah, a suburb of Salt Lake City.
Top Utah Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 4 Schools134 Students20% Minority
- 4 Schools218 Students23% Minority
- 14 Schools984 Students24% Minority
- 1 Schools34 Students32% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools23 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools58 Students30% Minority
- 1 Schools25 Students23% Minority
- 89 Schools13,872 Students21% Minority
- 2 Schools42 Students67% Minority
- 1 Schools333 Students51% Minority
- 4 Schools91 Students27% Minority
- 6 Schools515 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools316 Students44% Minority
- 1 Schools131 Students10% Minority
- 21 Schools2,330 Students18% Minority
- 1 Schools24 Students8% Minority
- 12 Schools1,033 Students27% Minority
- 1 Schools55 Students18% Minority
- 15 Schools1,414 Students26% Minority
What are the benefits specific to students in attending private school?
Be prepared for questions which you know will be part of any interview for a private school position.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.