Top Utah Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 185 top private schools in Utah, serving 21,087 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,766 for elementary schools and $13,834 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 84% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
Heritage Photo - An aerial image of the 19-acre Heritage Community clinically designed to prepare students to return to their home communities.
Grace Lutheran School Photo - Grace Lutheran provides a relaxing and secure environment for learning.
Reid School Photo - Why is Reid School the best choice? Highest ranked reading/writing program for notable effects . . . Inexpensive . . . Small class sizes . . . Large faculty . . . Every second of time used with effective instruction in a broad array of choices . . . Hands-on experiences . . . Everyone masters.
St Andrew Catholic School Photo - 1st and 4th graders celebrate Johnny Appleseed day by making applesauce!
Montessori Community School of Salt Lake City Photo - Montessori Community School - family owned since 1985. With many outstanding certified Montessori Teachers. Setting the standard for excellence in education.
Top Utah Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 4 Schools134 Students20% Minority
- 4 Schools218 Students23% Minority
- 14 Schools984 Students24% Minority
- 1 Schools34 Students32% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools23 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools58 Students30% Minority
- 1 Schools25 Students23% Minority
- 90 Schools13,490 Students21% Minority
- 2 Schools42 Students67% Minority
- 1 Schools333 Students51% Minority
- 4 Schools91 Students27% Minority
- 6 Schools525 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools316 Students44% Minority
- 1 Schools131 Students10% Minority
- 20 Schools2,220 Students18% Minority
- 1 Schools24 Students8% Minority
- 12 Schools1,037 Students27% Minority
- 1 Schools55 Students18% Minority
- 15 Schools1,414 Students26% Minority
What happens if my child suddenly takes sick before the end of the school year? What if he is expelled? Answers here.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.