Challenger School - Salt Lake
Tel: (801) 487-9984
Celebrating over 50 years of learning and fun, Challenger School is an independent private school that focuses on academic excellence, individual achievement, strong logic and thinking skills, and self-reliance.
- Challenger School is helping Utah students experience the joys of learning - 07/25/2018 - Challenger School talks about how making learning an enjoyable experience for children helps them succeed not only in school but later in life. If you would like more information on ...moreChallenger School visit ChallengerSchool.com hide
- Utah teen places fifth in National Spelling Bee - 05/31/2013 - But the 14-year-old Bountiful resident who attends the Challenger School in Salt Lake City beamed as she sauntered off stage to a hug from her mom. She'd never heard her ...moreultimately eliminating word before and said she guessed, knowing it could go either way. hide
- Utah girl barely misses spot in national spelling bee finals - 05/31/2012 - The 13-year-old from the Challenger School in Salt Lake City made it through five rounds of the spell-a-thon until she came across the French-derived word pissaladire, which means an open-faced ...morepastry topped with olives, onions and anchovies. hide
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||550 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our curriculum focuses on the foundations of knowledge: language arts, math, and logic. Early mastery of these basics prepares students for advanced studies and learning at an accelerated pace.
- Breathtaking Results - Our uniquely structured classes yield astonishing results in young students. Challenger students achieve scores on average in the 90th percentile on the national Stanford Achievement Test (SAT). This means that our average student outperforms nine out of ten students who take that test. Challenger School offers preschool through eighth grade programs that prepare children to live happily and successfully for their whole lives.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake City Grades: PK-12 | 46 students
547 W. 3900 So. Suite E
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
(801) 253-0365 3.9 PK-12
- Salt Lake City Grades: 9-12 | 34 students
1121 Vine Street
Salt Lake City, UT 00821
(801) 916-5696 7.1 9-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.