Challenger School - Salt Lake
Celebrating over 50 years of learning and fun, Challenger School is an independent private school that focuses on academic excellence, individual achievement, strong logic and thinking skills, and self-reliance.
- Top Ranked UT School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 550 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Upcoming Events and News
- Challenger School is helping Utah students experience the joys of learning - 07/25/2018Challenger School talks about how making learning an enjoyable experience for children helps them succeed not only in school but later in life. If you would like more information on Challenger School visit ChallengerSchool.com
- Utah teen places fifth in National Spelling Bee - 05/31/2013But the 14-year-old Bountiful resident who attends the Challenger School in Salt Lake City beamed as she sauntered off stage to a hug from her mom. She'd never heard her ultimately eliminating word before and said she guessed, knowing it could go either way.
- Utah girl barely misses spot in national spelling bee finals - 05/31/2012The 13-year-old from the Challenger School in Salt Lake City made it through five rounds of the spell-a-thon until she came across the French-derived word pissaladire, which means an open-faced pastry topped with olives, onions and anchovies.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Our curriculum focuses on the foundations of knowledge: language arts, math, and logic. Early mastery of these basics prepares students for advanced studies and learning at an accelerated pace.
- Breathtaking Results - Our uniquely structured classes yield astonishing results in young students. Challenger students achieve scores on average in the 90th percentile on the national Stanford Achievement Test (SAT). This means that our average student outperforms nine out of ten students who take that test. Challenger School offers preschool through eighth grade programs that prepare children to live happily and successfully for their whole lives.
Profile last updated: 11/30/2021
Endorse Challenger School - Salt Lake. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.