- Top Ranked UT School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 990 students
- Yearly Tuition: $19,515
- Acceptance rate: 67%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 7 / rolling
Rowland Hall ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Utah for:
Academics and Faculty
(uniform for lower grades, uniform shirt for middle school, dress code for Upper School)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Amnesty International, Chess, Community Service Council, Debate, Environmental Club, French Club, Helping Autistic America, Interact Service Club, MathCounts, National Honor Society, Newspaper Staff, Pep Club, Robotics Club, Rotary Interact Club, Spanish Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Dance Company, Jazz Band, Yearbook and Literary Magazine
- Rowland Hall serves 990 students across four divisions: Beginning School (3PreKK), Lower School (15), Middle School (68), and Upper School (912).
- Rowland Hall operates two campuses in the heart of Salt Lake City.
- Our student-to-teacher ratio is 10:1, and our average class size is 15.
- Rowland Hall is Utah's only Malone Family Foundation School. This $2 million endowment funds educational opportunities for students who show enthusiasm and motivation for academic excellence, and whose families demonstrate financial need.
- Nearly a third of our student body-31%-represents racial and ethnic diversity.
- As of fall 2021, 22% of Rowland Hall students receive scholarships or financial aid.
- Rowland Hall`s student-to-college counselor ratio is 35:1.
- Our faculty members have an average of 19 years in the classroom, and 70% hold advanced degrees.
- We commit 6,700 hours each year to professional development. Rowland Hall`s financial support for faculty and staff development is unparalleled among peer Utah schools.
- Rowland Hall was named a Debate School of Excellence by the National Speech and Debate Association. Our debate team also holds the state title of 2021 3A Speech & Debate Champions.
- Rowland Hall offers 20 Advanced Placement (AP) and Advanced Topics (AT) courses in our Upper School.
- Rowland Hall runs a summer internship program, which is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
- We offer 15 sports in the middle and upper schools, and 70% of students participate on Rowland Hall teams.
- Rowland Hall holds 64 athletic state titles and 127 athletic region titles.
- In the last 10 years, more than 50 Rowland Hall student-athletes have gone on to play sports at the college level; this includes 26 students recruited to NCAA Division 1 teams.
- Nine Rowland Hall alumni have represented their countries at the Olympic Games.
Endorse Rowland Hall. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards