Applied Scholastics Academy of Salt Lake City
- Applied Scholastics Academy of Salt Lake City is a private school for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade students.
- We offer small classes, fully individualized programs and a proven curriculum.
- Your child does NOT have to struggle in school! Our tailor made programs help students reapair educational gaps, overcome learning barriers and become interested and engaged in school.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||We offer a payment program of $500 per month.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,700|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth Brown|
- Over the years our philosophy has remained the same. Children are born with a natural thirst for knowledge and an inherent desire to explore the world around them. Applied Scholastics Academy provides a nurturing environment to satisfy that drive, while instilling in each child a sense of responsibility and self-worth. Students receive an exceptional education and learn valuable study skills they can use for a lifetime.
- Applied Scholastics Academy strives for 100% comprehension. This does not mean that perfection is expected in our students. It simply means that the ultimate goal when studying any subject is to completely understand the material. Any testing is done for the purpose of assessing comprehension, and grades are not assigned. While a 95% test score may sound favorable, it actually indicates that 5% of the material is unknown or misunderstood, which will weaken the student's certainty of the subject and may result in future difficulties.
- Rather than moving on, the student is reinstructed on the material missed, so that he or she achieves 100% mastery of the subjects studied and progresses through the program with confidence.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake CityGrades: K-12 | 129 students
240 East 5600 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
- Salt Lake CityGrades: NS-6 | 203 students
2416 East 1700 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
- Salt Lake CityGrades: 7-12 | 38 students
4998 S. Galleria Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
- Salt Lake CityGrades: PK-8 | 359 students
1452 E 2700 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84106
- Salt Lake CityGrades: 7-12 | 63 students
5858 South 900 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84121
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.