Applied Scholastics Academy of Salt Lake City
- Applied Scholastics Academy of Salt Lake City is a private school for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade students.
- We offer small classes, fully individualized programs and a proven curriculum.
- Your child does NOT have to struggle in school! Our tailor made programs help students reapair educational gaps, overcome learning barriers and become interested and engaged in school.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||We offer a payment program of $500 per month.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,700|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth Brown|
- Over the years our philosophy has remained the same. Children are born with a natural thirst for knowledge and an inherent desire to explore the world around them. Applied Scholastics Academy provides a nurturing environment to satisfy that drive, while instilling in each child a sense of responsibility and self-worth. Students receive an exceptional education and learn valuable study skills they can use for a lifetime.
- Applied Scholastics Academy strives for 100% comprehension. This does not mean that perfection is expected in our students. It simply means that the ultimate goal when studying any subject is to completely understand the material. Any testing is done for the purpose of assessing comprehension, and grades are not assigned. While a 95% test score may sound favorable, it actually indicates that 5% of the material is unknown or misunderstood, which will weaken the student's certainty of the subject and may result in future difficulties.
- Rather than moving on, the student is reinstructed on the material missed, so that he or she achieves 100% mastery of the subjects studied and progresses through the program with confidence.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake City Grades: 7-12 | 63 students
5858 South 900 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84121
(801)266-1262 3.6 7-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.