Applied Scholastics Academy of Salt Lake City
- Applied Scholastics Academy of Salt Lake City is a private school for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade students.
- We offer small classes, fully individualized programs and a proven curriculum.
- Your child does NOT have to struggle in school! Our tailor made programs help students reapair educational gaps, overcome learning barriers and become interested and engaged in school.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||We offer a payment program of $500 per month.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,700|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth Brown|
- Over the years our philosophy has remained the same. Children are born with a natural thirst for knowledge and an inherent desire to explore the world around them. Applied Scholastics Academy provides a nurturing environment to satisfy that drive, while instilling in each child a sense of responsibility and self-worth. Students receive an exceptional education and learn valuable study skills they can use for a lifetime.
- Applied Scholastics Academy strives for 100% comprehension. This does not mean that perfection is expected in our students. It simply means that the ultimate goal when studying any subject is to completely understand the material. Any testing is done for the purpose of assessing comprehension, and grades are not assigned. While a 95% test score may sound favorable, it actually indicates that 5% of the material is unknown or misunderstood, which will weaken the student's certainty of the subject and may result in future difficulties.
- Rather than moving on, the student is reinstructed on the material missed, so that he or she achieves 100% mastery of the subjects studied and progresses through the program with confidence.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake City Grades: NS-8 | 550 students
1325 S Main St
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
(801)487-9985 3.9 NS-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?