Summit Christian Academy
5.00 (7 reviews)
Tel: (801) 613-1722
Summit Christian Academy Photo #2 - 5th-6th Graders created their own electricity from scratch! Mr. Roy Having put himself through college doing handyman jobs with heating, cooling, electrical work, making blueprints and building houses, he believes young people should be taught practical skills and safe/proper usage and care of tools.
Summit Christian Academy Photo #3 - Mrs. Nichola has fun and educational activities every day in her class for our Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten students.
Summit Christian Academy Photo #4 - Our 1st and 2nd Graders participate in University of Learning, where they get to direct their own learning. Each student picks a topic and gets to practice their communication and presentation skills by presenting to their classmates about one of their favorite things. This student chose his grandfather's Camero.
Summit Christian Academy Photo #5 - Every years Ms. McCaw's classroom switches themes based on the type of history they are learning. This year's theme was medieval. Student's are knighted and expected to act chivalrous. The entire classroom is transformed to create an interactive learning environment.
Summit Christian Academy Photo #6 - 5th-8th graders got to serve with the Patriot Guard Riders of Utah. Mr. Roy is a veteran and a Patriot Guard Rider so he receives invitations to serve as an escort when a veteran, a fallen officer, or even an animal that has served, is brought to the final resting place and he brought our students along to serve.
Summit Christian Academy Photo #7 - We have a very strong music program. Most SCA students participate in our ukulele, handbells, handchimes, and vocal choirs. We have several performances per year at the school and all over the valley.
Summit Christian Academy Photo #8 - Service plays a crucial role in a Christ-centered education. Our students participate in several service projects throughout the year. This is our students at a Work Day at our local Wheeler Farm helping to bail some hay.
Staying in-person this school year with a comprehensive school plan to support the health and safety of our students and staff that includes wellness checks at the door and face coverings (masks or shields) and time where students are socially distant and can remove face coverings temporarily, thanks to our small class sizes.
We will have school in-person and online class streaming options available to use as needed or wanted by parents.
Still accepting applications for TK - 8th Grade! Summit Christian Academy has been providing students in the Salt Lake Valley with high quality education for 63 years.
Seventh Day Adventist owned and operated, providing students of any/all religions and diverse backgrounds with a Biblically-based Christ-centered education.
Studies show, in schools of all sizes, students in Adventist schools outperformed the national average in all subjects.
We have small classroom sizes. All of our staff is certified in differentiated instruction - the ability to tailor instruction to an individual student's strengths and weaknesses.
At tuition rates of $5,200 - $5,600 we have one of the lowest private school tuitions in Utah. We offer a high quality Christian education from highly educated staff at an affordable cost.
Summit Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Utah for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dark blue/khaki pants or skirts with white/light blue or navy polo shirts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Sep. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,200|
|Tuition Notes||$5200 for TK-5th grade. $5700 for 6th-8th grade.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
LEGO Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Chime Choir, Drama Club, Handbell Choir, Ukulele Club, vocal choir
- Educational Immersion - What do castle walls, a play loft, early American soldier uniforms, flags from around the world, indoor butterfly gardens, praise songs, a throne room, and ukuleles have in common - Imaginative teachers. At Summit Christian Academy, you never know what you will discover next. No two days are alike. Learning is active, fascinating, and experiential from Transitional Kindergarten (TK) through 8th grade.
- Biblically-Based/Christ Centered Approach - Each class starts off their day with an inspirational worship. Bible classes help the students discover the great themes and threads of God's love and plans for mankind. We love the delightful tapestry of our students who come to us from a wide variety of economic and ethnic backgrounds. This diversity, one of our important strengths, helps us all to recognize the beauty of our differences and the uniting quality of our 'samenesses. Providing a rich, well-rounded Christian education to any child who desires it is our highest priority.
- Accessible Eduication - Making our high quality education affordable and available to all students, regardless of their economic situation, is of the upmost importance. We have one of the lowest private school tuition's in Utah because we strongly believe every child deserves the best education possible whether his/her family can afford it or not. We also offer tuition assistance to ensure every child can be a part of our school family.
- Development by Design - Each child is of inestimable value regardless of socio-economic status, ethnic origin, gender, or mental acity. It is our desire to connect each child with his/her curiousity, imagination, potential, and purpose as they foster a relationship with God.
- Multi-grade impact - Our unique multi-grade system familarizes students with what they will learn at the next grade level, while also reinforcing concepts that they learned at a previous level.
- Community Service - Education extends far beyond the classroom as students engage in and often come up with their own ideas for community service projects such as helping at the Utah Food Bank, making sand bags, helping at the animal shelter, baking and taking cookies to homeless shelters, sprucing up yards for elderly/disabled, playing bells or singing at retirement centers, and other great activities.
- Get a closer look! Check out our website (www.scautah.us) or better yet, stop in and see us in action. We d love to show you around.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake City Grades: PK-12 | 46 students
547 W. 3900 So. Suite E
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
(801) 253-0365 2.2 PK-12
- Salt Lake City Grades: PK-K | 31 students
5218 S Redwood Rd
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
(801) 968-6649 4.3 PK-K
This small school packs a mighty punch and is a "hidden gem" in the Salt Lake community! If you're looking for strong academics, the curriculum here is strong and the teachers are skilled in differentiated instruction. If you're looking for diversity - this school embraces and celebrates diversity while creating a warm, friendly environment. SCA teaches kids how to think, not just pushing facts and information, and my children were all well prepared to move on to high school, with better-than-average reading and language scores as compared to the state statistics. The music program focused on choir, bells and ukelele and was well taught. There is prayer in the classroom every day, and the spiritual focus is on a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Biblically based on life principles. This school is a great value and I would highly recommend it.
- Posted by Parent - Tawnya
Summit has been a real blessing for us and we absolutely love it here. Our child suffers from social anxiety so public school did not work out. We had heard all good things about Summit from a family we knew, so we came to visit. At first, we were nervous because we're not Adventist, but after 2 years I can say it's never been an issue. Their Christian approach is based on general moral values rather than specific doctrines. The teachers and staff work as a real team; they are wonderful and really care about the kids. Education here focuses on the whole child, not just academics. The school day is a little longer than public school, which gives them time to do more and kids are not rushed through the core. They have a wonderful STEAM curriculum that includes Robotics, Music theory, and Drama. We also love that kids make friends across different grades and the parents have opportunities to get to know each other on the camping trips.
- Posted by Parent - Nolasco
What an amazing private school! Summit Christian Academy has figured out over their many years of educating children that the entire child must be addressed. They have striven hard to meet all the needs of my daughter from the physical, mental, and spiritual, to the moral, academic and social. With clear expectation she has thrived this year and looks forward to returning next year. She loves the music class too. We could not be happier with her growth and positive choices lately and we realize her Summit experience will reach far into the future and set her up for success over and over again. Thanks Summit Christian Academy! You Rock!
- Posted by Parent - Jason
Summit Christian Academy (SCA) has been an amazing school for our son! The dynamic teaching style, wonderful music program, and small classroom environment are exactly what we were looking for. SCA has INCREDIBLE teachers! The diverse student population is a breath of fresh air. The academic standards surpass those of the state of Utah hands down. At Summit Christian Academy students learn strong academic skills, morals, life-skills, and how to get along with others. The curriculum focuses on both hands on and book learning and students build lifelong friendships with other students and the staff. Our son and our whole family feel supported and part of a wonderful community. In addition to all this, the school teaches student to be of service in productive and effective ways. I've been impressed by the thoughtful and creative response of the teachers, staff and administration to the COVID-19 at-home school restrictions. Our son is still learning and has adapted very well to online instruction. Flexibility and positivity are skills being actively demonstrated by his teachers and will be useful to him throughout life. I attended a school in the same school system in another part of the country from first grade through high school. I was so glad to move to an area that is lucky enough to have this school system. The education I received served me well in college and throughout graduate school. I highly recommend Summit Christian Academy!
- Posted by Parent - Scientist Mom
Summit Christian Academy is one of the finest small school in Salt Lake City area. It's a great place to educate your child In a Christian setting. SCA teachers are kind and caring. Children are respectful and curious. Highly recommended.
- Posted by Parent - Masih
I love what Summit Christian Academy is all about! When searching for a place to educate our children, my wife and I wanted to find a place where academics wasn't the only part of the learning process. The other major part we looked for was Christian values. So many of my friends complain about bullying in public education. At, Summit Christian Academy bullying is not an issue. In fact, the older students learn how to mentor the younger students which prepare them to work and grow together. There's so much more, I hope you consider sending your children to our awesome school!
- Posted by Parent - Adriano L
Quality and Integrity are words that describe the learning that each child receives. My child attends Summit Christian Academy and they really believe in developing the whole character in a manner that aligns with our bible. The academics and learning are outstanding. Even on top of the quality education, my child is placed in situations that build his character through service projects or by performing musically. The education that my son is receiving will truly have a positive impact on his life and we are forever grateful. Thank you Summit Christian Academy for everything you do.
- Posted by Parent - David
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.