La Europa Academy
- La Europa Academy's mission is to empower young women and their families to strengthen resiliency by providing specialized clinical, expressive and academic interventions that promote emotional healing and facilitate sustainable change.
- La Europa Academy, is a residential treatment center that helps young women, ages 14 - 17, find themselves through creative expression. La Europa helps their students unlock the potential you know is there and develop the skills she needs to overcome her current challenges. La Europa provides expressive therapies, individual therapy, group therapy and family therapy. La Europa has an excellent school program that meets the needs of students in 9th-12th grades.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||34 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$145,000|
|Tuition Notes||The daily rate at La Europa Academy is $395.00.|
|Admissions Director||Brooke Densley|
|Admissions Associate||Travis Woods|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art Studio, Dance Movement, Psychodrama, Rock Band
- At La Europa Academy, a residential treatment center that helps young women, ages 14 - 17, find themselves through creative expression, we will help her unlock the potential you know is there and develop the skills she needs to overcome her current challenges. We combine a nurturing, home-like environment, a sophisticated clinical approach tailored to her specific needs and a challenging academic curriculum to develop her coping skills and identity.
- At La Europa, fine arts are used therapeutically, academically and as a way for our students to build confidence and create a healthy identity. Our hope is that they will use creativity and the arts as a second language to help express their inner worlds.Therapeutically, expressive therapists help our students to bridge the gap between the left brain, which holds our verbal, logical and critical functions, and the right brain, which holds our non-verbal, sensory and symbolic functions. Often insight generated in talk therapies, which are primarily left brain-oriented, does not translate into life change or emotional change because it lacks the whole brain integration.
- Academically, La Europa has many art classes for students to learn or expand art skills. This not only earns credit for them but also allows students to explore potential career interests. Students who are intending to focus on the arts in college can begin or complete portfolio work for college admission.Fine arts are used as a strength-based focus to building confidence. Through artistic expression, performance and community art experience, students build on talents, interests and strengths to develop a healthy identity.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake City Grades: PK-12 | 46 students
547 W. 3900 So. Suite E
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
(801)685-9648 4 PK-12
- Salt Lake City Grades: NS-8 | 550 students
1325 S Main St
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
(801)487-9985 7.1 NS-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.