Mount Vernon Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Since 1975, Mount Vernon Academy has set the standard for excellence in Private education.
- Fully accredited, Mount Vernon offers a complete educational experience for grades Pre-K through 12.
- Students thrive in a wide variety of academic and extra curricular programs.
- They are immersed in a well rounded curriculum that prepares them to succeed at the collegiate level.
- They learn core values, develop leadership skills, and graduate fully prepared to contribute to the world as ethical and responsible citizens.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||129 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,850|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary $4500 per yearJunior High $4500 per yearHigh School $5850 per yearInternational $17500 per year|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Mount Vernon Academy is a non-denominational private school, we do not discriminate as to race, or religion. We believe that all students have the ability to learn and succeed, and that education must have a personal focus. Our curriculum is rich and demanding and our students are expected to uphold our long established honor code. The extra curricular opportunities are phenomenal. Whether it's athletics, the arts, or academic contests, we provide every student a chance to participate. We believe that students should not be excluded from any program they wish to join.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake City Grades: NS-12 | 943 students
720 Guardsman Way and 843 S Lincoln Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
(801)355-7485 7.2 NS-12
- Salt Lake City Grades: 7-12 | 63 students
5858 South 900 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84121
(801)266-1262 1 7-12
- Salt Lake City Grades: PK-12 | 46 students
547 W. 3900 So. Suite E
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
(801)685-9648 2.9 PK-12
- Sandy Grades: PK-12 | 923 students
1480 E 9400 S
Sandy, UT 84092
(801)816-2203 6.2 PK-12
- South Jordan Grades: PK-12 | 376 students
11100 S. Redwood Road
South Jordan, UT 84095
(801)254-3882 7.4 PK-12
Mount Vernon is an amazing hidden gem! After rigorous searches for a well rounded school for our son, Mount Vernon Academy was our answer. Not only the classes are small, the curriculum pushes the student to learn at a higher academic level. Everyone is friendly, feels like your kid is part of an educational family and not just a number in the ratings. I am a professor and I seek for excellence, this school met my expectations for my son.
- Posted by Parent - Professor
Mount Vernon is a wonderful place to learn. We couldn't be happier to have our daughter be a part of this stellar learning community. Class sizes are small, tuition is beyond reasonable, the teachers are able to give the students the attention they need. Mount Vernon was an answer to our academic needs that we never thought we''d find. We are so grateful for their services!
- Posted by Parent - allie
June 20, 2018
You would think it would be easier to get your child into an elementary or primary school than into a prep school. But in fact it is almost as complicated.
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.