Mount Vernon Academy
Since 1975, Mount Vernon Academy has set the standard for excellence in Private education.
Fully accredited, Mount Vernon offers a complete educational experience for grades Pre-K through 12.
Students thrive in a wide variety of academic and extra curricular programs.
They are immersed in a well rounded curriculum that prepares them to succeed at the collegiate level.
They learn core values, develop leadership skills, and graduate fully prepared to contribute to the world as ethical and responsible citizens.
- Top Ranked UT School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 142 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,975
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Mount Vernon Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Utah for:
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Average ACT score
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Summer Program Cost
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
- Mount Vernon Academy is a non-denominational private school, we do not discriminate as to race, or religion. We believe that all students have the ability to learn and succeed, and that education must have a personal focus. Our curriculum is rich and demanding and our students are expected to uphold our long established honor code. The extra curricular opportunities are phenomenal. Whether it's athletics, the arts, or academic contests, we provide every student a chance to participate. We believe that students should not be excluded from any program they wish to join.
Source: Verified school update
My 2 boys love this school, but most importantly they really enjoy learning here. They both play basketball and have nice, friendly, polite classmates. This is a great atmosphere for any student.
Mount Vernon is an amazing hidden gem! After rigorous searches for a well rounded school for our son, Mount Vernon Academy was our answer. Not only the classes are small, the curriculum pushes the student to learn at a higher academic level. Everyone is friendly, feels like your kid is part of an educational family and not just a number in the ratings. I am a professor and I seek for excellence, this school met my expectations for my son.
Mount Vernon is a wonderful place to learn. We couldn't be happier to have our daughter be a part of this stellar learning community. Class sizes are small, tuition is beyond reasonable, the teachers are able to give the students the attention they need. Mount Vernon was an answer to our academic needs that we never thought we''d find. We are so grateful for their services!
Endorse Mount Vernon Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.