Realms Of Inquiry
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Realms of Inquiry was founded in 1972 as a special school for gifted, talented and creative students.
- Realms offers a full-day academic curriculum for students in 7th through 12th grade. Our purpose is to provide a challenging, individualized education for students who may have nontraditional learning styles, who need to learn at their own rate, and who want to develop their natural individual talents and interests. Our environment celebrates all that students bring with them: big thinking, curiosity, creativity, and adventure.
- Recognizing the importance of the whole person, Realms seeks to challenge and excite students in a wide variety of intellectual pursuits.
- We nurture uniqueness and individuality while encouraging ethical behavior.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Challenges handled well through small class sizes|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||Fees cover books, most project supplies, and field trips, trip consumables and for our 2-3 week international trip, ranging from $2000 to $3500 per year.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ashley Alldredge|
|Admissions Associate||Karri Van Tongeren|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Climbing, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Rock ClimbingClimbing, Kayaking,|
Mountain Biking, Mountaineering,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Rock Climbing Clu
- Current intelligence testing is recommended by a licensed psychologist.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake CityGrades: 7-12 | 63 students
5858 South 900 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84121
- Salt Lake CityGrades: NS-12 | 943 students
720 Guardsman Way and 843 S Lincoln Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
- Salt Lake CityGrades: PK-12 | 46 students
547 W. 3900 So. Suite E
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
- Salt Lake CityGrades: K-12 | 129 students
240 East 5600 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
- Salt Lake CityGrades: PK-8 | 359 students
1452 E 2700 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84106
Realms of Inquiry is an amazing school. As a high school teacher and parent, I see the need for a more schools like Realms. My son has thrived as this school and has done things I could have never imagined. The opportunity to have project based learning activities, international travel, service projects, and outdoor education have been pivotal in his development. Being bright and creative can be an obstacle in a traditional school. At Realms it is celebrated!
- Posted by Parent - brens
I loved my time at Realms and love being a part of such strong community. The education I received has given me the strength and confidence to tackle every challenge I have faced in my life. I have not only been able to start my own business, go to a excellent college and travel around the world all with the skills and support of the wonderful teachers and staff!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kate.
Students love learning at Realms. In a safe and encouraging environment they are able to explore, create, build, and grow. Realms provides experiences and opportunities that foster learning and personal growth. Incredible instructors are committed to helping each student succeed. We LOVE Realms!!
- Posted by Parent - cross
Realms is unique in Utah. It has a very strong focus on learning through experience. Gifted children work with their teachers towards a curriculum that allows them to learn at the rate that is right for them. It has a very small student to teacher ratio and a highly committed faculty. Consider Realms! See them at www.realmsofinquiry.org
- Posted by Parent - xine.
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.